Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Input problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've read a few threads on this but I cant see anyone with the same issue as me.

In dolphin, when I load up super mario galaxy 2, the only thing that it detects is my mouse. I can click left for A and right for B, and the cursor works, but thats all.

When I actually get in game I cant run left or right... so, whats up?

I'm using the 32bit version ''R6265'' and this issue was happening on the older version that you get directly from the main page.

I feel like I've missed an important step or something, like installing a plugin to make this work. But I cant see details of something like that around! My only two avalaible plugins are ''Dolphin Wiimote Plugin'' and ''Dolphin Wiimote Plugin New''.

Both of them seem to detect the mouse and keyboard, and when I plug in an XBOX360 controller they can both detect that, too. But when actually in game the only thing that works is the mouse. I get no response whatsoever from the 360 controller.

This sound familiar to anyone? Got any ideas?

Edit:
Hmm I seem to have gotten some buttons on the 360 controller to work after fiddling around some more. But the keyboard still isnt working.

Edit2:
It would seem that the keyboard does work, but the second I get in game it ceases to work. Any thoughts?
Paste your "WiimoteNew.ini" file here. (located inside your Dolphin directory, inside User/Config/)
(you can put it inside [code ] tags.)
I'm trying new super mario bros wii, too. But having issues with that also.
[Wiimote1]
Device = DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse
Buttons/A = Button 0
Buttons/B = Button 1
IR/Up = Cursor Y-
IR/Down = Cursor Y+
IR/Left = Cursor X-
IR/Right = Cursor X+
Shake/X = Button 2
Shake/Y = Button 2
Shake/Z = Button 2
D-Pad/Up = UP
D-Pad/Down = DOWN
D-Pad/Left = LEFT
D-Pad/Right = RIGHT
Source = 1
[Wiimote2]
UDP Wiimote/Update_Accel = 0
UDP Wiimote/Update_IR = 0
UDP Wiimote/Update_Butt = 0
UDP Wiimote/Update_Nunchuk = 0
Source = 1
[Wiimote3]
Source = 1
[Wiimote4]
Source = 1

How are you meant to do the butt stomp thing in that game? Any setting around?

Oh.. figured that out. What about picking stuff up?

Yeah, I definatly cant pick up this toad that appears in level 1. How am I meant to be able to do that? Hows the controls meant to be set up for that? I'm finding it a little difficult. Also, there are some minor graphical issues going on and my performance keeps dipping below 75%... any adivce? Sometimes as contantly low as 35% (like the first underwater level)

I have a Radeon HD2600 XT and a core 2 duo 2.6... shouldnt i be expecting a little better perfomance?
It looks like you haven't configured anything on the wiimote plugin, those appear to be the default settings...

"How are you meant to do the butt stomp thing in that game?"
Jump(with wiimote button 2, which you haven't mapped to anything) and press down.

"What about picking stuff up?"
Hold the run button(wiimote button 1, which you haven't mapped to anything) and shake the wiimote(middle mouse button for your config)

For NSMBWii, you will also want to check the "Sideways Wiimote" box.

(10-12-2010, 05:03 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you haven't configured anything on the wiimote plugin, those appear to be the default settings...

"How are you meant to do the butt stomp thing in that game?"
Jump(with wiimote button 2, which you haven't mapped to anything) and press down.

"What about picking stuff up?"
Hold the run button(wiimote button 1, which you haven't mapped to anything) and shake the wiimote(middle mouse button for your config)

For NSMBWii, you will also want to check the "Sideways Wiimote" box.

Ahhhhhhh!!! I got ya! Thanks so much, spent this last while checking other peoples setups and stuff and got everything fixed and running smoothly now. Awesome, I cant thank you enough. Big Grin

What a great emulator this is. Cheers, have a great day.