Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this PC run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Conmiro95

Gateway NV73A06U Gaming PC

Specs:

Memory Type: DDR3
Memory Size: 4GB
Memory Speed: DDR3 1066
Hard Drive Speed: 5400 RPM
Processor Class: Athlon II X2
Processor Type: Dual-Core
Processor Speed: 2.1GHz
Processor Number: P320
Lifestyle: Gaming
Desktop Replacement
Graphics Description: Dedicated Graphics
GPU/VPU: ATI Radeon HD 4250
Video Memory: 256MB
Hell slow
I have a computer (a laptop) with similar specs like the Athlon II @2ghz, yours is apparently a little bit better than mine (only slightly). You can probably run some low-requirement games at playable speeds, mostly Gamecube games. Games i've tested on the laptop and run close or at full speed include-
(GC)
-Luigi's Mansion
-Mario Sunshine (minor to heavy slowdown depending on the place, playable though)
-Megaman X Command Mission
-Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
-Wario World
-Kirby's Air Ride
-Zelda Four Swords
-Zelda Twilight Princess (slows down in heavy areas a bit, but playable)
-Super Smash Bros Melee (slows down at times)
(Also tested a couple of Wii games that run at or near fullspeed)
-New Super Mario Bros Wii
-Wario Land Shake
-Super Paper Mario
-Muramasa
-Cave Story
-Castlevania Adventure Rebirth

So you can probably play a fair few games at playable speeds. Many of the ones i listed run at least near fullspeed. A few actually were perfect. 2D games will work really well in general. You may get better speeds than me there. My laptop has an integrated Radeon GPU, no dedicated memory or anything.
(10-10-2010, 08:03 AM)Conmiro95 Wrote: [ -> ]Gateway NV73A06U Gaming PC

Specs:

Graphics Description: Dedicated Graphics
GPU/VPU: ATI Radeon HD 4250
Video Memory: 256MB

This is far not enough. This GPU is really weak. What's more, it's an IGP and NOT a dedicated card, so it has shared memory...
The CPU is okay for Dolphin but you won't get it running properly with such a weak GPU.

@Granville : I admit I'm quite surprised of what you say. I'm wondering how you managed to get these games run at full speed with only an IGP. What IGP do you have ?
The graphics card in my craptop (which i have now replaced by the way, which is why you see a different one in my sig) was a Radeon HD4200 i believe. It's an integrated graphics card, but it's apparently somewhat better than Intel's integrated cards. This is why i say he may be able to play a few games on his computer even with that card. They will have slowdowns, but some of the weaker games should work as long as you keep the resolution at native (which is no fun though, lol).

I don't use the laptop anymore though, and i don't know how well it will perform in recent revisions. I had to fight really hard to get decent speeds on it. Many games wouldn't work well at all. The ones i mentioned worked well enough, near or at fullspeed. Actually though, some of the games i listed people have managed to get running on crappier specs than the ones i had (according to the low CPU requirement game thread).

Conmiro95

They said that it had like 256mb on the chip or something like that added besides the shared memory. Or something like that.

Like in general, it's an integrated but it has the ability to have dedicated video ram on it. Is that possible? That's what they said I think.

Conmiro95

Plays all games tested so far at 80%-100% speed. Got PC today, am very impressed. And btw it came with 256mb on the GPU in addition to the 4gb for the whole system.

riddle

So added shared memory to integral graphic card ATi 4200 HD helped? Thanks