Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB of Ram @ 1700mhz
2 750GB HHD in RAID0
And a HD4670
Windows 7 64bit

Most games run at like 20-28fps. Mario galaxy[/code] is slightly less. I plan on upgrading soon. So what should I upgrade?

I'm considering eiher the 2x(XFX 5670) - 400 stream processors or XFX 5770 - 800 stream processors, but thats only if changing the video card will make a difference
What settings did you choose?
(10-10-2010, 06:09 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]What settings did you choose?
I use directx 10 for some games like FRAGILE dreams but most games i used OPENGL
I wouldn't think you should need to upgrade.
You should be getting better speeds.

Make sure you use the D3D9 video plugin and the "EFB Copy to Texture" option.
This gives most people a significant speed boost.
Make sure you have 'Enable dual core' checked, and disable Hyper-threading in BIOS.
I'll add this just in case: If you do decide to upgrade for some reason, I'd wait until AMD's 6xxx line of GPUs come out and Nvidia lowers a price here or there (both happen on or around October 19th). There's no reason not to wait a week or two longer.

sherardsol

Dolphins Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and the Triforce and Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac X OS is an open source emulator for. It is the first commercially successful Nintendo's GameCube and Wii games is the only commercial Wii games are running an emulator is an emulator that can run.