Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alpi96

Hi I would know that I recommend changing from my pc to run well all games
my pc:
Intel core 2 duo 2,2 Ghz
Geforce 230 Gt
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

ThanksShy

Sorry about my English because I am Spanish and translatedConfused
That system is quite good for medium detailed games, but you would probably benefit the most from a higher clocked cpu.
2.26ghz will probably not yield optimal results in heavy games like Mario Galaxy or Zelda.

alpi96

this cpu would be nice for a little more heavy games like mario galaxy?

Intel Pentium E6800 3,33 Ghz Cache L2 2 MB
As far as I know a 230 GT does not exist. Do you mean GT 240 or GT 220?
it exists, but just as an oem-made nonreference card (manufactured by foxconn, hp, packard bell, etc) so it's not sold separately, just as a part of prebuilt computers

it is a rebranded 9600gt

with E6800 @ 3.3ghz you can probably play most games on at least 1280x720 resolution, except galaxy.

But since it seems very likely you have a prebuilt pc you should make sure the motherboard would support that cpu

Jacks_hon

Hi. Alienware makes good gaming computers, as do most of the corporate manufacturers like HP and Dell and even eMachines. The question begs is how much you are willing to spend on this computer. I just bought the components from Newegg to build my new machine and with the hardware I got, it would be classified as a gaming computer.

What Matt is trying to point out is that when you buy the computer, ask the sales rep to make certain that the computer has what is called dedicated video. Most computers come with integrated video (video built into the computer) and this seriously reduces the gaming potential because the graphics hog system resources. With dedicated video, the computer would have more resources for the game. This may sound confusing, but just remember that you are looking for a computer with dedicated video. If you look over the features and see that the computer sports x amount of shared video RAM, then this tells you that the computer does not have a dedicated graphics controller and would not be well suited for gaming.
heating repair
Also, most gaming computers have a lot of RAM, over 1GB (gigabyte). Mine has 4GB. Hope this helps.
(10-11-2010, 06:42 PM)Jacks_hon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Alienware makes good gaming computers, as do most of the corporate manufacturers like HP and Dell and even eMachines. The question begs is how much you are willing to spend on this computer. I just bought the components from Newegg to build my new machine and with the hardware I got, it would be classified as a gaming computer.

What Matt is trying to point out is that when you buy the computer, ask the sales rep to make certain that the computer has what is called dedicated video. Most computers come with integrated video (video built into the computer) and this seriously reduces the gaming potential because the graphics hog system resources. With dedicated video, the computer would have more resources for the game. This may sound confusing, but just remember that you are looking for a computer with dedicated video. If you look over the features and see that the computer sports x amount of shared video RAM, then this tells you that the computer does not have a dedicated graphics controller and would not be well suited for gaming.

Also, most gaming computers have a lot of RAM, over 1GB (gigabyte). Mine has 4GB. Hope this helps.

Obviously a bot: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...429AAjvMBi