Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Soooooo slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CtownCreep

I tried running brawl today for the first time. When I finally got it working it was at a really really slow framerate, and I wasn't even hanging. My specs are...

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core Processor Black Edition
Motherboard: Asus M3N72-D
Ram: 4GB
Video: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

I figured my specs to be worthy but I guess I could be wrong. I watched youtube videos of people playing at much much much higher framerates and my specs match theirs. And that's with fraps or w/e running. Is there anything I'm missing out on?
(I read the HOW TO SPEED UP GAMES thread.)

LuisR14

(05-11-2009, 10:12 AM)CtownCreep Wrote: [ -> ](I read the HOW TO SPEED UP GAMES thread.)
how 'bout the dolphin requirements thread? Smile
I'd try enabling Dual Core mode, even though it's not recommended. It's really the only way I've found to get most games running fullspeed, at the slight cost of a bit of stability.

Also, check and make sure you didn't accidentally turn on EFB to RAM when you were getting it to work in the OpenGL settings.

Can you post the config you're using? Your system, minus the processor, is a bit faster/better than mine (my processor is clocked faster) and I have no trouble hitting around 40ish FPS on most stages, so there's clearly something amiss somewhere.

CtownCreep

I'm running R 3155 btw

Here's what I'm using:
[Image: qzwnpyauyd.jpg]

[Image: xilldbvwsp.jpg]

[Image: bsfgmxscav.jpg]

[Image: xodwxymkgl.jpg]

[Image: zycirkrgcu.jpg]

[Image: isqqkodsvu.jpg]

[Image: tkekewhhib.jpg]

[Image: bsfgmxscav.jpg]

cmccmc

why are you running it in debug mode?

CtownCreep

I remember reading somewhere that enabling unlimited jit cache fixes errors and/or improves something. That's pretty damn vague, but does it hurt to run in debug mode?