Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound cracking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In both FETongueoR and SSBB I've noticed persistance sound cracking in both games during the intro. In Brawl, playing some of the soundtracks will cause this too.

I've tried both sound plugins and both seems to cause this. I have a creative fatality sound card if that matters.

Running on an i7-930 and 5850s CF so it isn't my system's fault. I've tried disabling all of creative's driver enhancements but that didn't work either.
Either use openAL as the backend or use an older revision.
It's probably an issue with the mixer or backend, it isn't only those games that have crackling though. You can try using the OpenAL backend as NV suggested, although I don't know if it will solve your issue.
I used both the direct sound and openal, and while openal has less sound issues the cracking is still there
Yeah, then the issue is likely related to the mixer or audio backend. Most likely the mixer since the issue exist with both backends or a combination of both.