Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will Dolphin have Wii2 game support? (update with complete specs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are rumors going around that Nintendo is working on a 1080p Wii that will use Blu(e)-Ray, mainly to stop piracy...
(http://ronnieleedaise.com/9/nintendo-problems/) proves that there really is a Wii2 coming soon.

You don't know the hardware specs, but judging from what Wii2 will support... Will Dolphin be able to handle the games?

The specifications are located @ post #6
no one knows. Hardware specs aren't given, so it's unknown. Depending on the similarity, it might be possible, but until then, no.
They dont even know what will this console be, and they're already asking that...
Its like asking in a snes emulator forum if that emu would support n64 games... How could they know? N64 has nothing to do with snes, we could expect anything, we know that it will be 1080 pixels, but thats nothing, wii2 could be a video game that you play with mind reading controllers, or an holographic console, or like the 360 kinetic, just by movement, could be anything, and that´s why that question cant be awnsered...
+1 On Runo's comment.
nintendo is too busy counting money from their sales of the 3ds

sure is a rumor a regular console lifetime is 6 years

if nintendo wants bring a new console (wii2 or something else) they'll for wait for the right time
to unleash to hell to microsoft and sony = damn copycats
Leaked specifications?
The next Nintendo console will again be powered by an IBM PowerPC processor, but this time there will be two cores.

The graphics processor will be based on technology from GameCube/Wii with a higher core frequency (400MHz), more parallel pixel/geometry processing, and more embedded frame/texture memory. It's possible that the GPU will borrow technology from the Radeon family.

Main memory will be either 256MB or 512MB GDDR5 RAM.

The console will come with a motion sensing remote, a nunchuk, and a surprise that cannot be revealed yet.
IBM PowerPC Dual Core CPU with 1MB L2 Cache
ATI LSI at 400MHz
12MB Embedded Video Memory
24MB 1T-SRAM Internal Memory (6.4 GB/sec)
256-512MB GDDR5 Main Memory (32 GB/sec)
4GB Flash Memory
Optical Disc Drive
USB, UWB, Wi-Fi, SDHC
These specs may change between now and the console's launch in 2011
(10-04-2010, 07:12 PM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]... and a surprise that cannot be revealed yet.
My money's on it being 3D.
What I see is a blog article making a bunch of claims with no sources like they were actually confirmed on E3 or something, filled with scam-looking wii adverts all over the place, and when I exit the tab, I get a warning message and is taken to some site that will let me download a "free Guide How To Make Money Online"... >_>
Fail :p.

thomasray

i am using this and is working awesome . . . !!!
i7 920@2.67GHz
GTX 285
3x2Gb DDR3@2000Mhz
m/b Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Pages: 1 2