Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Multiple Real Wiimotes in Super Smash Bros Brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mephistophanes

My question is pretty simple. I have read through most of the other threads but didn't see a concrete answer.

I can get the game to work fine solo or against computers in brawl but I want to play multiplayer with my friends. I only have real wiimotes, no GC controllers or xbox controllers.

Can I play SSBB with multiple real wiimotes at the same time?

Thanks for responding.
Huh
Yes, but multi-wiimote support is broken in some games in revision 6177+.
Which Dolphin version are you using?

Mephistophanes

(10-03-2010, 03:41 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but multi-wiimote support is broken in some games in revision 6177+.
Which Dolphin version are you using?

I am using 6218. I can use 2-4 wiimotes in NSMB and Mario Kart, but not in SSBB. Should I try an older version?

EDIT... I tried 6164 and it still doesn't allow me to use multiple remotes. I know about the ALT F6 and F7 to add in the remotes. Most other games everything works perfectly for multiplayer. For some reason the extra remotes won't show up in SSBB
You have paired them? The wiimote plugin shows "Connected to X Wiimotes"? (X being the correct number)

Do you have too many gamecube controllers plugged in for Brawl to display wiimotes maybe? Are all four player slots filled with GC controllers?

Mephistophanes

(10-03-2010, 04:16 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You have paired them? The wiimote plugin shows "Connected to X Wiimotes"? (X being the correct number)

Do you have too many gamecube controllers plugged in for Brawl to display wiimotes maybe? Are all four player slots filled with GC controllers?

Yes, I have Dolphin showing paired with 2 or 3 wiimotes. It shows that properly before I start the game. When the game starts up, it shows the wiimotes led as player 1, 2 and 3. However the game only shows player one as an option. No amount of pressing buttons on the 2-3 remote make it show up. Nothing changes when I use alt F6 or alt F7 either, besides the yellow writing at the top.

There are no gamecube controllers displayed. I disabled the default gamecube controller that was showing up as player 1, making my wiimote player 2. Now the game displays only 1 wiimote. The other slots are empty and can be filled by computers. Maybe this shows I am a newb, but how would I get the wiimotes to show as the 2-4th players? Other games have an option to add in extra remotes when they are not showing up properly. Not in SSBB?
Connecting the wiimotes with Tools->Connect Wiimote X or Alt-F6,7,8, should add players to the game in Brawl. (works for me)

Mephistophanes

(10-03-2010, 04:27 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Connecting the wiimotes with Tools->Connect Wiimote X or Alt-F6,7,8, should add players to the game in Brawl. (works for me)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a few other versions of Dolphin and viola! it worked in an older one. I don't know what was wrong with my version but it is solved.

Thanks.