Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I must suck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

malott72

I have an Alienware Aurora 2.8 Ghz i7 with 12 Gb DDr3, dual ATI HD 5670s and when I start a game in Dolphin, it is the slowest damn thing I have ever seen. It lags so bad I can't play any of the games. For the love of any God or not, please help me. Yes I followed the tutorial on site on what to turn on and off, I got the 64bit version as I do have 64 bit Win 7.

HuhHuhHuh
LOL @ 12 gigs of ram.

Which games?
Which Dolphin version?

"Yes I followed the tutorial on site...."
Most importantly, make sure you are using the D3D9 plugin and the "EFB copy to Texture" option.
(10-03-2010, 11:35 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL @ 12 gigs of ram.
I take offense.

That said, LOL @ Alienware.
i expect this from alienware
ASUS G73jh FTW :p
@malott72

We need more details before we can help you. We need to know what revision you are using, what games you are trying to play, and what settings you are using.

@zurginator and knglrk

Are you going to help him or just make fun of him?
sure i will help him but i need specific details of his problem

malott72

Thanks naturalviolence,

they make fun because they have nothing else to do. Anyways, I have the 64bit Dolphin. I don't know the revision it's whatever one you get when you click download. So the most recent I guess. I have been trying to play Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros. I actually just reinstalled Dolphin because I changed so many settings I figured I'd start from scratch when the forum flamers stopped and someone would actually help.Angry What is the D3D9 plugin? I noticed Billiard mentioned that. I've tried to using Virtual clone drive and I've just directed the path to the ISO.. So ungodly slow.
(10-03-2010, 09:37 PM)malott72 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the D3D9 plugin?

This proves you haven't read any guide, or at least any decent one. Try this http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

malott72

I actually figured it out right after I typed that.. Directx option plugin my bad.. Been a long night at work. I used this old tutorial: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3533.html

but i will look at the one you gave me.

What is the best revision to have?
Usually the latest, just sometimes the latest one got ****ed up and broken (it's fine right now)

BTW do you have 2 screens? Dolphin is slow with 2 screens (or at least was, don't know if that's fixed)
Pages: 1 2