Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda: TTP stuck at 30FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on a laptop:

i5 520m @ 2.66ghz (for those of you who don't know how speedstep works it's clocked at 2.66ghz during gaming)

4GB RAM, 1066mhz I believe

ATI 5650 1GB: @700mhz engine, @900mhz Memory Clock

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-9549.html I'm using build 6239M 64bit SSE 4.2.

I've configured dolphin according to how everyone says it should be in the topics I see. I can play a lot of games at 900p resolution at 60FPS but Zelda: TTP won't even play at native resolution past 30FPS. It's completely capped there during cutscenes, in the tiny houses, and of course in the fields.

Help?
Ok... so I've just tried Resident Evil 4 and it's stuck at 30fps too. I'm confused =\ Maybe it's just wii games but it used to work totally fine. Now everything is capped (though super smash brothers melee works at 60fps)
Full speed for ZTP is 30 FPS, 60 FPS is too fast, in fact some people that didn't know about the frame limiter complained it was too fast at 45 FPS, only 10 FPS more than full speed. Consider yourself lucky, some can't even get 30 FPS especially in Hyrule Field.
(10-02-2010, 10:11 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Full speed for ZTP is 30 FPS, 60 FPS is too fast, in fact some people that didn't know about the frame limiter complained it was too fast at 45 FPS, only 10 FPS more than full speed. Consider yourself lucky, some can't even get 30 FPS especially in Hyrule Field.
Good to know thanks.