Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What they think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what the nintendo managers/ producers think about dolphin?
Ask 'em.
(10-01-2010, 05:34 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Ask 'em.

nice one lol Big Grin
They probably hate the fact that we exist but they cannot do anything about it legally.
I'm sure they're not happy with all the potential money loss from selling systems and games due to pirates. Dolphin allows people to not have to buy their console and potentially not even any of their games. Anyway, I probably should not have gone down that road and started that conversation. Moving along now. Smile
[SS] Starscream - I think thats more Nintendo's fault then anyones. If we could use the game disks in a normal dvd-reader and they didn't make it so hard to use real media in a computer. I think more people would buy games to use with dolphin because you could play them directly from the media. Its a pain in the ass to rip the games from your media. Trust me I know. 200+ rips The fact is its easier to download the game then it is to go out and buy the media and play it. This causes all massive downloading of games. Were lazy is what it comes down to. It's not even really a money issue.
Console sales loss. Hey, I'm right here with you using the Dolphin emulator over a real Wii, but it is still a fact that Wii sales can and are potentially taking a hit due to Dolphin. I'm sure you don't care and I don't care all that much more, but it is very likely true. Some of the people here would have bought a Wii had Dolphin not existed and some of the people who had a Wii probably sold it. Really the only thing that you may actually want to keep is the Wii-motes, but even those are optional now.
Yeah lol.
I guess they should make better hardware. Maybe then people would pick that over a emulator.
(10-02-2010, 04:59 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]I guess they should make better hardware. Maybe then people would pick that over a emulator.

Pretty much the reason to just play on dolphin now..

I mean, I completely lost the taste for gaming on my wii after discovering dolphin and it's capabilities (especially the graphical ones, but also fast switching of games, options, etc).

Games just look crappy at that 480p res and sketchy visual effects.

It's like bringing a HDTV to the 60's when everone was watching black and white 4:3 shows...
When you've already seen the better alternative, going back to the old one sucks.

Still, it's a good idea to keep the original console around for stuff like games/wiiware that are very buggy on dolphin
Pages: 1 2