Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NVIDIA 3D Vision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that dolphin supports 3D would it be possible for the dolphin team to add NVIDIA 3D vision support as well so i can view it on my Zalman Trimon. This would also be a nice feature as it enables many more options in which to experience 3D weather it be with polarized glasses, active shutter glasses or anaglyph glasses.

Thanks

I would also like to here from others what they think.
Possible, yes. Likely to happen, no. We would need games to be running at framerates well above 60 fps to avoid flickering with active shutter. And that would require modifying the game code with a hack to change the native fullspeed framerate, something that I have not seen achieved in the last 15 years of emulation. Even if we got it to work the visible framerate of each eye in a 30 fps game running at fullspeed would be 15 fps, it would look like a slideshow. Although I suppose they could have two instances of the camera running at the same time, but that would slice performance in half in all games. I suppose only time will tell us if it gets implemented, it is possible, but doing it well is another story.