Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nunchuck shaking.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

coolmint191

Hello, i'm sorry if I am wasting anyones time. I do a good ammount of researching before I come to complain about a problem.

I am playing Twilight Princess for Wii right now, and everything is so far playing flawlessly. I am using keyboard&mouse, which hasn't really posed a problem untill now. The wiimote shake key works great for sword slashing and fishing. However this beginning mission requires you to shake the nunchuck for a sword swing attack. Using the nunchuck shake key does absolutely nothing. I've tried messing with the settings and using other nunchuck keys, but no dice. I am using Dolphin SVN 6225.

If anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it, I would really appreciate your help.
Use the new wiimote plugin.
(09-28-2010, 12:41 PM)coolmint191 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i'm sorry if I am wasting anyones time. I do a good ammount of researching before I come to complain about a problem.

I am playing Twilight Princess for Wii right now, and everything is so far playing flawlessly. I am using keyboard&mouse, which hasn't really posed a problem untill now. The wiimote shake key works great for sword slashing and fishing. However this beginning mission requires you to shake the nunchuck for a sword swing attack. Using the nunchuck shake key does absolutely nothing. I've tried messing with the settings and using other nunchuck keys, but no dice. I am using Dolphin SVN 6225.

If anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it, I would really appreciate your help.

This is a valid problem, so don't beat yourself up.

Anyway. Yeh, I have the solution for this. It works 100%.

First, from the Dolphin main menu, go to Options --> Wiimote Settings. Then click on Button Mapping. Next, look for "Tilt and Swing". Set "roll left/right" and "pitch up/down" to 140.

To do a spin attack: Press 3 and then 2 (from the number pad).
To do a shield attack: Hold 0 (Link will auto-raise shield) and then hold 1 together for about half a second.

coolmint191

(09-28-2010, 04:19 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]This is a valid problem, so don't beat yourself up.

Anyway. Yeh, I have the solution for this. It works 100%.

First, from the Dolphin main menu, go to Options --> Wiimote Settings. Then click on Button Mapping. Next, look for "Tilt and Swing". Set "roll left/right" and "pitch up/down" to 140.

To do a spin attack: Press 3 and then 2 (from the number pad).
To do a shield attack: Hold 0 (Link will auto-raise shield) and then hold 1 together for about half a second.

Thanks! that worked.
:/
(09-28-2010, 04:19 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]"First, from the Dolphin main menu, go to Options --> Wiimote Settings. Then click on Button Mapping. Next, look for "Tilt and Swing". Set "roll left/right" and "pitch up/down" to 140."
I can't follow this set of instructions as wiimote settings isn't a title under options. please explain how to do this now?
@ZebraUnicorn: This thread is over 13 years old, and the user you're asking isn't registered on the forums anymore. The advice/instructions in this thread are very, very outdated (back when Dolphin had plugins, circa 2.0) so you aren't going to find much relevant information here.

Please make a new thread here in Support if you need assistance with Dolphin and setting it up. Be as specific as possible in regards to your issue/problem so that we can help.