Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't play any games!!! HELP!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vietangelboi23

everytime when i try to play a game it always says "Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info" can someone tell me what i have to do?

LuisR14

what's your pc specs?
Use older graphic card driver, since the new one sometimes not fully compatible (still beta).
If it's still happen, check the Enable dual core option, but this only work once per play, so you have to restart Dolphin if you stopped the game and want to play again.

If you are using OS Windows XP SP3 when this problem happens, I suggest you to change OS to SP2 or Vista.
(05-10-2009, 05:51 PM)downloadaja Wrote: [ -> ]Use older graphic card driver, since the new one sometimes not fully compatible (still beta).
If it's still happen, check the Enable dual core option, but this only work once per play, so you have to restart Dolphin if you stopped the game and want to play again.

If you are using OS Windows XP SP3 when this problem happens, I suggest you to change OS to SP2 or Vista.

XP SP3 works fine with Dolphin, i used to run Dolphin perfectly on that.

But on topic have you read the requirements thread, installed the software with the links provided, and also ensured your graphics card supports OpenGL 2.1 (make sure your drivers are stable, not beta versions)? (Requirements Thread here) If you're unsure if it does or not, post what graphics card you have and someone will be able to tell you.

LuisR14

(05-10-2009, 05:51 PM)downloadaja Wrote: [ -> ]Use older graphic card driver, since the new one sometimes not fully compatible (still beta).
well only if it's windows 7 Smile

(05-10-2009, 10:00 PM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]and also ensured your graphics card supports OpenGL 2.1 (make sure your drivers are stable, not beta versions)?
yep that is why i asked him his video card. Tongue
Yeap, it's important to get his system specs before suggesting someone change there graphic drivers. Esp suggesting that they downgrade them. If there card isn't supported, then they'll waste there time. If they aren't using Win7, then downgrading is not a good idea and more advanced users are just going to turn around and tell him to upgrade them again.

And downgrading from SP3 is hardly a sollution! That should only be suggested if there computer is causing them problems related to the service pack. It won't effect his graphics card or Dolphin's performance. Maybe you had a bad experience with SP3, but that doesn't mean everyone else does.