Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brightness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I play RE:Remake through Dolphin I have to increase brightness manually (through NVidia control panel), which is kinda bugging me. Is there/will there be a way to change brightness in the emulator, during the game probably? Are there special hotkeys? Would be nice. And hotkeys that would increase/decrease emulation speed (i.e. framelimit) would be nice too.
The game has a menu in its options to adjust the brightness. Adjust the brightness in the game itself.
Sorry, did you really suppose I don't know about such a feature or that I haven't tried it?
That won't work.
1) Many games that have such a menu do not have an internal brightness adjustment feature, they just provide you with a suitable image that you can use to adjust brightness, but you'll have to adjust brightness yourself on the monitor or via videocard control panel.

2) Those games which have such a menu AND have an internal brightness adjustment feature normally provide you with very limited freedom of adjustment. In other words, you simply can't make the screen much brighter or much darker in the game (e.g. in RE:Remake this feature is included, but it doesn't really make screen brighter or darker at all).

So, the question is still whether there is or will be a way to change brightness and gamespeed of the emulated game.
(09-25-2010, 09:50 PM)Jekyll Grim Payne Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, did you really suppose I don't know about such a feature or that I haven't tried it?

How do I know what you have or haven't tried? Maybe you should have mentioned all of the avenues you have already gone down and I wouldn't have had to post that here at all. I tried to give you an option to try in the event that you overlooked it or just plain didn't know about it. Maybe it's just me, but your comment came across very hostile as if I somehow insulted your intelligence by offering you a possible fix for your problem. You may want to consider taking it a bit more easy and try not to bite peoples heads off when they post a response to one of your threads in the future.

(09-25-2010, 09:50 PM)Jekyll Grim Payne Wrote: [ -> ]So, the question is still whether there is or will be a way to change brightness and gamespeed of the emulated game.

As of now, no, there is no way to do what you're asking other than how you're already doing it. Maybe if you knock on ectors door and invite yourself in he may be willing to listen to your demands.

(09-26-2010, 12:55 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2010, 09:50 PM)Jekyll Grim Payne Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, did you really suppose I don't know about such a feature or that I haven't tried it?
Maybe it's just me, but your comment came across very hostile as if I somehow insulted your intelligence by offering you a possible fix for your problem.

The thing was that I was asking about whether brightness adjustment was possible in Dolphin and I wanted to know this, not possible alternative solutions. And you're right, that was kind of insulting for my intelligence (as I can't imagine anything more obvious than trying to use in-game brightness adjustment before asking the question I asked). But I was not hostile at all and I didn't 'bite' anyone's hands, I just said that I of course tried it (and that for some reason it doesn't seem to work at all). But hey, maybe it's not always that obvious, and I should've said that I tried it in the original post.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'm sorry there's no such feature, hope it might be included once.