Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Wind Waker - texture flicker bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings

See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMTJfbsOd8

This texture flicker bug has been happening for over 100 revisions now and makes ZWW unplayable imo.

Anyone else get this? D3D9 plugin.
No one? Not one person can respond to this? Does no one at the dolphin forums speak English?
I do not experience that issue, even when trying to make it happen by changing settings in the D3D9 plugin. :p
Me either. Can you tell us what settings your using?
(09-23-2010, 02:31 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Me either. Can you tell us what settings your using?

I don't believe it's a settings issue because I've literally spent about 2 hours trying settings on and off, all of them, to see if it has an effect. The problem is significantly reduced when using OpenGL but is still there, only slightly.

I'd say its a hardware issue, but why does it go away when I revert to an old SVN? It was working fine well before the 6000's. I think it was somewhere around the mid 5000's that it broke this.

I'm using an nVidia GTX 285 1GB with newest drivers and Windows 7 x64.
I'm having this issue as well as many other graphical glitches in other games. Commit 6025 is the cause of this for certain people and from the looks of it, we are stuck with the problem.
Bumping this thread because I am concerned about this issue. obviously others are experiencing it and its still present (I just updated dolphin yesterday, bug persists.)

So whats the word on this? Are any developers acknowledging this? I am extremely appreciative of the work you folks are doing and love your emulator, it really has evolved into something truely amazing over the years, but this bug is driving me nuts >.<
I located the commit that caused this and told Neobrain about it almost a month ago. Neither he or rodolfo have gotten around to commiting a fix/reverting the changes that broke it. I keep annoying them about it on a regular basis though so they will edventually get around.

In case you are wondering it's revision 5896. The changes made to z texture culling in video common caused it.
Thank you so much for confirming this and for passing this information to the devs for us natural. So glad to hear it is an actual bug in the emu, was beginning to think my hardware was messed up lol went through 3 video cards and problem was still there so, yea at least you nailed it to a specific commit with a certain change!

Here's hoping the devs fix it soon Smile
Since it's taking so long I went ahead and opened an issue about it on googlecode. Not sure why neither NeoBrain or Rodolfo have gotten around to fixing it since they know what code caused and that the changes that caused it don't fix any issues....
Pages: 1 2