Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What are candles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seriously. I've been searching everywhere. What are candles? How do you use them? Is it actual candles? Like... set on fire candles? I don't think I've ever been so confused in my life. I just ordered a wireless sensor bar but that won't be here for weeks. Can anyone give me a full explanation / tutorial of the candle situation? Thank you in advance.
Yes it is real candles. Light two candles and put one on each side of your TV and use them as if they were a sensor bar. The end.
wax­­
(09-22-2010, 02:18 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]wax­­

Cute. I shall try. I'm a science major and I have no clue how this is possible. Could someone perhaps explain the science behind this?
thats absolutely crazy lol Tongue i want to know how it works too now lol
Candle flames emit infrared
(09-22-2010, 03:26 AM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]Candle flames emit infrared

Using the sensor bar version:

Wiimote signal -> IR sensor -> bluetooth -> computer

Candles:

Wiimote signal -> IR -> ???? -> computer
(09-22-2010, 04:06 AM)PhnX Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2010, 03:26 AM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]Candle flames emit infrared

Using the sensor bar version:

Wiimote signal -> IR sensor -> bluetooth -> computer

Candles:

Wiimote signal -> IR -> ???? -> computer

The wiimote actually is the sensor and the "sensor bar" emits the IR light. That's why you can simply replace the sensor bar with candles Wink
wiimote detecting both IR emitters (both candles) and calculates where it is; and sends this information via bluetooth to the computer. http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxwBrCAtUE

EDIT: Aah, NeoBrain was faster cuz I was searching for a shitty youtube video ^^
My theory:

Nintendo hardware developer: "So here's the new pointer feature for the wiimote, it works like this-"
Iwata: "Ah, it's a sensor bar picking up the wave rays shot from the wiimote! Awesome!"
Nintendo hardware developer: "Uh... yeah, and we also found a way to produce them really cheaply!" *hopes for a raise*