Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ZTP Speed-up hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Use the DX9 plugin...

Enable dual core mode, the speed hack will not work without dual core enabled.

Try disabling "lock threads to core", although this might make little difference with your processor since it doesn't have hyper threading unless it's an Corei7, but I presume it's either AMD or a Core2Quad. If it's a Core i7, disable lock threads to cores or disable hyper threading in the bios.

Use Copy EFB to ram, causes little to no slowdown with this game now and is needed for the mini map to display.

Lower efb scale and SSAA, these will bring any video card, even the most powerful Nvidia or ATI card to their knees if set too high. Generally no more than 4x SSAA and 1x or 2x EFB Scale for your card.

Use a lower resolution, this would be wise if using SSAA and EFB scale. I would use no more than 1280 x 1024, even 720p or 1080p should be fine provided SSAA and EFB scale aren't set too high.

Don't disable fog, absolutely useless and any gains are negligible by disabling fog.

Disable CPU -> EFB Access unless you care about the additional lighting effects such as bloom or sun rays. Keeping native mips enabled shouldn't really matter, from what I've tested there's no slowdowns by leaving this enabled.

Don't enable safe texture cache, it screws up the mini map, among other things. Don't enable any bloom hack or projection hacks, not needed for this game anymore and just causes problems, especially with the mini map.

Don't enable the wide screen hack, doesn't work properly and just causes problems.

Enable the ZTP speedup hack.

If the above fails, not sure what to suggest. More than 5 FPS should be attainable, especially with your specifications and the ZTP speedup hack enabled.

Did all of that, top frame rate in Twillight Hyrule Field is now at 12 fps...
Well you aren't doing something right, FPS should be much higher given your specifications especially with the ztp speedup hack enabled. You might also have cruddy drivers installed for your graphics card.

The following should have been stated..

What OS are you using? <-- Linux and Mac versions are quite a bit slower than Windows, and drivers aren't up to par with the drivers for Windows.

What build/architecture are you using, x86 or x64?

Post screenshots of your settings. It would help to know what your exact specifications are. Be sure nothing is consuming the cpu while you are running Dolphin. Use the DSP-HLE plugin, LLE is much slower/accurate, HLE if you want speed.
Well I'm running Windows 7 x64 with all the latest drivers updated. I'm also using the DX9 plugin and the HLE plugin for sound.

I'll just copy my Dxdiag:

"Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090710-1945)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1982MB used, 6204MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16384 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX+
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0613&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
(09-22-2010, 06:49 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Disable CPU -> EFB Access unless you care about the additional lighting effects such as bloom or sun rays.

Don't know why. But when I disable this Link uses his slingshot like after one or two bottles wodka. The stones fly around, but not into the target.
Bump, any thoughts?
Pages: 1 2