Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Two different errors during start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oversized93

When I'm trying to open Dolphin, I'll get one of these two errors:
1. This version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows your running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or a x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
2. This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please the application event log for more details.

Can anyone help?
Well for the first error i'm guessing you've downloaded a x64 version of Dolphin and you're running a x86 OS.

oversized93

Well I tried downloading both, but i got the first error both times.
(05-10-2009, 02:05 AM)oversized93 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I tried downloading both, but i got the first error both times.

Have you downloaded the software which is required to run Dolphin (Can be found here).

oversized93

I have not downloaded those, but before I do, how can I check what kind of computer im running (x64, x86 etc....)
Well if you brought the computer and the OS on it came pre-installed then it will most likely be x86, if your running windows go on start, run, type "dxdiag" and where it says Operating System, if it has 64bit on the end of the name of the OS then you got x64, if you got x86 it will just have the name of the operating system

oversized93

Ok I finally got Dolphin to work, but now I can't get any of the roms to work. But I think I'll be able to figure it out. Thank you

LuisR14

(05-10-2009, 02:24 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]go on start, run, type "dxdiag"
you can also find it under "My Computer Properties" Smile (which is right clicking "My Computer" and clicking on "Properties" Tongue)
(05-10-2009, 03:42 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2009, 02:24 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]go on start, run, type "dxdiag"
you can also find it under "My Computer Properties" Smile (which is right clicking "My Computer" and clicking on "Properties" Tongue)

Indeed but i was on my laptop and already had dxdiag up Tongue