Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin in linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yue

Hi, this is my first time in the forums but I've been following the emulator development for a while. My problem is:

I'm using the x86 linux version of dolphin, but everytime I try to load a game, be it a GC or a Wii iso the emulator closes.

The log:
Code:
41:45:691 Source/Core/Common/Src/FileUtil.cpp:97 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on ./user/Wii/title/00000001/00000002/content:
41:46:423 Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/X11Utils.cpp:115 N[Video]: XRRExtension-Version 1.3
41:46:424 Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/X11Utils.cpp:158 N[Video]: Fullscreen Resolution 640x480
41:52:502 Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/GLUtil.cpp:359 N[Video]: glX-Version 1.4

The emulator was compiled using the latest SVN. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Try r6218 or newer. That has a linux x11 fix that affected a great number of people running Dolphin on Linux.

Yue

I'm sorry i hadn't replied, but I've been busy. Dolpin still closes with the same log with revision 6222. I forgot to mention I'm compiling dolphin in another machine then copying it to mine.

I've also noticed when building dolphin it says i686, and AFAIK the distro I use is i586 based. Could this have something to do with it? and if yes, is there some way i can compile dolphin for i586? Thank you.

Yue

Somebody? I'm about to build a new computer and put linux in it, but dolphin is the only thing keeping me from doing so. Please help?Undecided
fwiw, that i586<->i686 stuff doesn't matter.

Is Dolphin really crashing or "just" closing? Are you able to compile a debug build (scons flavor=debug) and build a backtrace?
What gfx drivers do you have installed? distro's default or the ones of your gpu vendor?