Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The best configuration to increase the game speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cgfive

Hi for all in forum! The Dolphin Emulator is very cool.
My problem is when I play some game the speed turn really slow. I don't know how to fix it.

What is the best configuration to increase the game speed?
The easy every-man's fix is turning off audio throttle and selecting auto or 'off' on the framelimiter. Also use DX9 plugin & copy efb to texture

cgfive

Seems to be a good try Ocean.
Ah ok! Is all right now thanks!
There is no best setting for all game, you must find out each best configuration for each game.

Try to disable Idle Skipping, disable AA, use native resolution...in some game may help!

And your PC system is important too, you must have powerful CPU and good graphics card to reach a good fps.

Some games is not full compatibility with Dolphin, so it will run very slow even you have high end PC! You must wait for new version... Shy
Most games'fps on dolphin is good enough now.
"Upgrade your PC" is the best idea. instead of "waiting for dolphins new version" or "finding the best configuration".
Config:
Enable Dual Core (if present)
Enable Idle Skipping
Framelimit - Auto
enable other settings marked as 'recommended'

Graphics Plugin: Dolphin OpenGL

Dolphin OpenGL General settings:
Resolution - Native
Auto Aspect
Render to Main window
VSync (still have doubts about it)
Auto scale
Anisotropic filter - 1x
Antialiasing - not very relevant (RE:Remake shows no difference with 0x and 8x)

Dolphin OpenGL Advanced settings:
Disable Destination Alpha Pass
Copy EFB to GL Texture

David CopperField

Hi All
Nice conversation. I found this forum interesting and useful. I am sure it helps trillions of game lovers
^Someone ban the bot. Look at it's post history.
(10-23-2010, 08:25 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]^Someone ban the bot. Look at it's post history.

while funny, i dont think its a bot lol
Read the post history. It's a very obvious bot.