Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on PS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NeTRaW

Hi mates!

Do you plan to port Dolphin to PS3? It may run great on that platform Big Grin

Regards,
Seems like PS3 will be able to play PSP and PS2 games in the end but I'm not sure about dolphin, probablt lv2 hw access is not enough to get it working. Cell is said to be 6-27X faster than C2D clocked at 2.4 GHz so who knows, maybe it could be done solely on cpu since we don't have the access to rsx. But I don't think about knows how to code that. hint: SDK )

NeTRaW

(09-19-2010, 08:08 PM)fagoatse Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like PS3 will be able to play PSP and PS2 games in the end but I'm not sure about dolphin, probablt lv2 hw access is not enough to get it working. Cell is said to be 6-27X faster than C2D clocked at 2.4 GHz so who knows, maybe it could be done solely on cpu since we don't have the access to rsx. But I don't think about knows how to code that. hint: SDK )

I think we have full access to RSX as we are in LV2 mate. If dolphin is coded in C, it may be "easy" to port to PS3. Coders will need SDK for sure Smile

Regards,

NeTRaW

(09-19-2010, 08:25 PM)JADS Wrote: [ -> ]This has been answered already http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11893-page-1.html

Thanks for the info!

BR