Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slightly confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.Im slightly confused as every game requires specific settings and when I right click a game the settings are limited. Do you have to go into settings in dolphin for each and every game you play or is there a way to make a config for the game itself?

2. Is the mmu speed hack in fact TLB?

3. Seeming as I cant get a response anywhere for monster hunter ?Ill ask it here as well. Why does the game slow down when there are jaggis on the screen? Would more ram help? I have tried alot of builds its the only issue I have with the game.
Pc specs
Radeon hd 5450 overclocked to 800
intel dual core at 2.5 (dont know how to overclock)
4gb ddr3
vista 64

I appreciate any insight.
"Do you have to go into settings in dolphin for each and every game you play or is there a way to make a config for the game itself?"
You can right click a game, choose properties, and change some game specific settings.

"Why does the game slow down...?"
It is likely that your CPU is too slow to run MH3 at full speed.
1) Here are some general settings that will work for the majority of games. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

2) Yes, but it is only needed for games that need it specifically. If the game runs fine without then don't use it otherwise all it will do is slow the game down.

3) No, more RAM would not help. Post the Dolphin revision number you're using along with the settings you're using for video and core. There are many other threads on this forum for this game, if you search you may be able to find them.
I was worried it was the cpu. i was looking to overclock it as I have read the e5200 can be cranked high until I came across some people saying it wears the processor out faster Sad TLB, I thought it sped things up, good to know what its really for. My settings are on par with the guide. Im using 2.0 as it seems to be the most reliable and run the most. I also use spellforces mh3 build as it simply fast. I was hoping to get one version and be good to go but it seems from my understanding that many builds are needed depending on the game. Im really enjoying Dolphin and feel its far superior to my wii. The learning curve is very steep but hopefully we can get abuild for all titles that are compatible through the many svns into one solid build . Thanks for taking the time to post the usefull links.
The emulator is still in heavy development and soon one day everything may be working fine in just one build. Until then, check here for the latest builds as the 2.0 is kinda old now. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
(09-19-2010, 06:39 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The emulator is still in heavy development and soon one day everything may be working fine in just one build. Until then, check here for the latest builds as the 2.0 is kinda old now. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

I thought 2.0 was latest maybe thie newer one will solve my aragorns quest issue. Im very excited to watch the devlopment of dolphin. Thanks I thought 2.0 was the latest Smile Still learning.