Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical / game specific issues and user solutions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread exists as a general guideline about graphical/game issues that you might experience with certain games and can provide a solution about these problems (where it is possible by tinkering with the options) without having to resort to on line help each time.

Graphic issues

Problems

(i) Game text is garbled, unreadable, or there are weirdly colored characters, textures (pink), etc.

Solution - Enable Safe Texture Cache either in the game properties (right click a game on the dolphin list and choose properties) or in the graphics settings (normal level is advised).

Games that fall under this category: SAMURAI WARRIORS 3, Dragon Ball Z BT 3, Metroid Prime 1, 2 and 3, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, etc.

(ii) There is extreme flickering on screen that makes it unbearable to watch.

Solution - Enable XFB, and if this doesn't work real XFB either in the game properties (right click a game on the dolphin list and choose properties) or in the graphics settings.

Games that fall under this category: Little King's Story, Another Code:R, Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, etc.

(iii) There are serious geometry problems (characters and polygons are missing and not move properly) etc.

Possible Solution - Try a different graphics plugin, due to some differences between them some work properly where others don't. If this doesn't work though nothing will, you just have to wait when / if the game is fixed.

Games that fall under this category: P.N.03 (Gamecube), House Of The Dead: OVERKILL, etc.

Other issues

Problems

(i) You get Fifo overflown errors and the game crashes.

Solution - In the game properties (right click a game on the dolphin list and choose properties), change the value of the watermark tightness from 50 to a really high one (500 to 1000).

Games that fall under this category: Battalion wars 2 Wii,etc.

Additional info: I will update this thread with further general info and tips. Hopefully at some point a similar system with the one at Pcsx2 will be implemented in Dolphin, with proper default per game fixes. The above info will help at most cases though for now.
We have the wiki for this. If you want to contribute just add to the wiki: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.ph...=Main_Page

I appreciate the work/thought put into this, not trying to insult your hard work. We have had a lot of people try to make this type of thread, it always ends up failing because a thread is not sufficient for the amount of info. needed or organized enough, even if you completely it it would be so long by then no one would be able to read through it to find their problem. At least that's my take on why they keep failing.