Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Graphics corruption in Tales of Symphonia 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm experiencing some odd graphics behaviour with the DX11 plugin and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World.. It looks like maybe improper texture caching or something.. I guess I'll let the screens speak for themselves.. see attached below..

My computer is an E8500 @ 3.6ghz, 4gb DDR2, Radeon HD 4670

Lectrode's SVN 6137 optimized for SSE 4.1

Dolphin settings are:
Enable dual core
Enable idle skipping
Framelimit off
JIT recompiler

DX11 Plugin
Enable CPU->EFB access
Enable EFB copy
Enable scaled copy
Enable 16x anisotropy filtering

DSP-HLE everything enabled using DSound

and I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad II with the old wiimote plugin.

Any ideas what settings I can change or what other SVN I should use to fix this? I tried the DX9 plugin but I couldn't get the graphics to look anywhere near as good as the DX11 so I'd prefer to use that. It doesn't happen all the time, just where there are transitions between areas, and when there are automated conversation sequences. Otherwise it's perfect, 100% speed everywhere and battles look great.

Anybody? I guess I'll just try ripping the game again and see how that goes, then.
Funny, I could never get DX11 plugin to look as good as DX9 plugin since the last time I've tried Dolphin DX11 still doesn't have SSA, easy way to identify this problem is by using DX9 and see if you also got the corruption.

For the record, I've completed the game using DX9 and never got that error ever, it was a few hundreds rev ago though. If you've found the culprit you should file a proper bug report to google code so the team could look at this.
Nevermind, I got the DX9 plugin working ok, I had 'Enable real XFB' checked which must make Dolphin use the Wii's native resolution for the framebuffer or something. Thanks for the reply!