Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really amazing-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wii died and 12hrs later Im playing my beloved monster hunter tri in hd and crystal clear on dolphin. The learning curve was well worth it. This program is truly amazing. The kids seem to enjoy the cleaner look without the black borders as scene on the wii as well. I still have a few things to learn like making miis and dumping my system menu but I just wanted to say I appreciate the teams hardwork. Easily the best program I have ever used in my 32 yrs.
I know! it makes nintendo look pathetic that their system can be made to look better with an emulator than on the actual wii.
P.S. it will be hard to dump the system menu without a working wii.
(09-17-2010, 10:04 AM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]I know! it makes nintendo look pathetic that their system can be made to look better with an emulator than on the actual wii.
P.S. it will be hard to dump the system menu without a working wii.

I found that out pretty quick. It wasnt something I was dying to do but more or less an option to show some friends what Dolphin can do. Ya nintendo will always remain a fond memory but after seeing this it makes me wonder what they were thinking.
Quote:I know! it makes nintendo look pathetic that their system can be made to look better with an emulator than on the actual wii.

Not really. This is expected quite frankly. The wii is a $200 console with die shrunken versions of hardware from 1998-2000. The wii is designed to be small (which also requires it to produce almost no heat), energy efficient, and cheap, not powerful. We are running on far more powerful machines that cost $500+ are enourmous, not very energy efficient, and give off huge amounts of heat. But it's mainly about the gpu, the benefits of having a powerful gpu are undeniable since 3D rendering is scalable.