Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I import SAVE STATES from an older revision?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title says, can I import save states from older revisions? I playing the game Bleach: Versus Crusade, which can only be saved by save states. I don't want to play the game from start to finish all the time, when a new revision is seeing daylight. Older revisions didn't support this... feature. Newer revisions do? But if I'm wrong, and Dolphin always supported this, please tell me, how to import saved states.
copy wii folder all stuff, less sysconfig (it´s a file)
(09-16-2010, 09:58 PM)thiagoribeiro82 Wrote: [ -> ]copy wii folder all stuff, less sysconfig (it´s a file)

Doesn't work always :\ Save states can even break between 1 revision and another (such as 6182 and 6183)

Only way is to try. Occassionally save states work on newer revisions, sometimes they don't.
Wii folder is the folder which contain the real saves. I don't have any problem with those at all.

So Ocean, you say that importing save states succesfully mostly a fact of trial and error? At least I can hope that future releases can be able to save Versus Crusade normally. Smile

Thank you for the quick responses.