Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: gcpad config bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey just wanted to note that the newer version ( 6206 ) does not except DImput detections. I had to go in to the ini and add this for example

C-Stick/Down = Axis Yr+
C-Stick/Left = Axis Xr-
C-Stick/Right = Axis Xr+
C-Stick/Up = Axis Yr-

You should not need to manually edit the ini file.
There were no changes to anything input related in r6206.

Make sure you aren't holding your analog stick up/down/left/right before you click a detect button in the config dialog.
Click a detect button, then move your stick, in that order.
(09-16-2010, 09:28 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you aren't holding your analog stick up/down/left/right before you click a detect button in the config dialog.
Would it then not take that axis as the input? Makes no difference whether I have it held down before or not. While its waiting for a response nothing triggers it.

However I did forget to mention after putting in manual data it now works correctly. So it has something to do with data that was in the ini from my 2.0 version. Easiest fix would be a default button that blows away the ini and write a good clean version.

I have no problem with doing it manly, just wanted to report it was an issue. I guess if the dev team feels its a non issue than no need to worry.
There is a "Default" button now.

Quote:So it has something to do with data that was in the ini from my 2.0 version.
This has nothing to do with it.

Yes, it is an issue if the detect buttons aren't detecting your axes.
Do your axes reach the edge of the little preview box when they are configured? or do they only reach < 85% of the way? :p

Currently, the detect buttons will not detect axis input until they have passed 85% of their full range.
Like I said

Quote:However I did forget to mention after putting in manual data it now works correctly.

After I cleared out the data that was causing the issue, it all works fine.

They do reach more the 85%, close to 95 or so.

I don't see a default button.

Quote:This has nothing to do with it.
The issues was resolved once the data in the ini file was removed or edited. So it must have something to do with it.
Nothing in the ini file other than the selected device can affect the outcome of the detect buttons.
Glad it's working for you now. :p

If you don't see a default button, you are using an older version.