Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Other M Controls and Save? I don't get it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MayJey

Hello there^^,

First of all I'm pretty new to Dolphin, but i want to play Metroid Other M on my PC, so plz don't hurt my feelings...^^

I have the .iso and Dolphin 2.0 on my PC and I can launch it. It works very well so far.
I own a Xbox360 controller.

1. Problem: The controls
Whether i change it manually or try to use a profile from the www, I don't understand how it should work!
I could play the tutorial until i had to deafeat that monster with missiles, then my controls didnt work properly, cause i had to use my controller, my mouse and my keyboard at the same time!
So I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdLoHRDK9t0
I guess i have to use Xpadder to be able to toggle a button, but how the hell can I import the given controls (.ini -> Attachement [filetype changed from .ini to .txt]) into Dolphin?
If I import it into GCPad it does just nothing, just like a GCPad is not supported. Otherwise I don't find any way to import the controls to my emulated Wiimote.

2.Problem: A Savegame
I heard of some blurring after the tutorial, but cause I didn't get to this point yet, I'm not sure if this will happen to me, too^^
So I downloaded a savegame wich seems to work, but again I don't know how to import it into the game.

So, if anyone could help me, I'd be more than very glad. =)
I already gave up trying, btw...[attachment=4335]
Metroid: Other M is played with a wiimote, not a gamecube controller.
You must configure the wiimote plugin.

I suggest you update your Dolphin version, use the new wiimote plugin,
and set up your controller similarly to the guide in this thread:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11796.html
XPadder is not needed.

MayJey

I already stumbled bout this thread, but I didn't think it was useful^^

in dolphin 2.0 there is no new wiimote plugin, but i found a "Dolphin SVN R 6205" and i configured the controls just like the picture. i'll check the results tomorrow.

Next thing: the savegame
Quote:2.Problem: A Savegame
I heard of some blurring after the tutorial, but cause I didn't get to this point yet, I'm not sure if this will happen to me, too^^
So I downloaded a savegame wich seems to work, but again I don't know how to import it into the game.

any suggestions?
Right-click the game and put your save folder "52334f45" in folder "User/wii/title/00010000"

MayJey

nice, another step forward =D

the controls are alost perfect Big Grin

MASTER EDIT: GAME WORKS!!!

i finally changed the name of my savegame folder into... something with "50" at the end, not "45"
now there is no intro anymore and I can choose the savegame!!! =D

thx anyway for your help, i guess the thread can be closed now =)