Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues. Fidgity screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

supersilverdraco

I'm having three issues depending on what I do with the emulators.

I've tried 3 versions of Dolphin, and the issue is the same in each.

Issue 1: Multi-cores
WHenever I activate the dual-core feature, the screen gets flashy, and keeps skipping framewrites. The gameplay is fast and without lag, but the screen during gameplay looks like a bad VHS.

Issue 2: Lag
WHen dual-core mode is off, it plays smoothly and cleanly, but after some time, it gets rather laggy and the sound plays strangely.

Issue 3: Use Real XFB
Whenever I have this turned off, the screen flashes between the game and a pure white. When on, it slows down the game but removes said flashing. It also causes things to become buggy during dual-core mode.

My specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-Core 1.8 Ghz
RAM: 4Gb
GPU: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
1855Mb available Graphics memory

Dolphin versions used:
Your video card is not good enough for dolphin.

Dolphin uses only 2 cores and needs a lot of cpu power.

Dual core mode is still a little buggy (correct me if i'm wrong guys) but it's needed to play fullspeed.

And Vista + Gf6150SE, not good combination.

About sound, some games have some weird random issues, but not worrying at all (high pitched, music stops, etc)

You may:
+ Get an actual video card (Gf6150 is onboard)
+ Switch to a less demanding OS
+ Overclock your cpu (only for speed increase)
I would so NO on overclocking. Because if you don't know what you are doing you have the risk of frying things. But as to getting a better video card, do it. Switching to a less demanding OS will probably help, but I run a lot of games full speed on Vista. So idk.
(03-27-2009, 12:34 AM)Zaertix Wrote: [ -> ]I would so NO on overclocking. Because if you don't know what you are doing you have the risk of frying things. But as to getting a better video card, do it. Switching to a less demanding OS will probably help, but I run a lot of games full speed on Vista. So idk.

He's using a Geforce 6150 SE, that vga can barely handle Vista, let alone Dolphin + Vista. My second rig has it, i've tested it and its performance can't even compare to a GF6200 agp (my third rig), which is a LOW END card.

And about overclocking Sleepy, ok. supersilverdraco, get a new CPU then.
Anything over 2.5 GHZ should do fine.

supersilverdraco

Methinks I shall splurge for a video card when I can afford one. For now, I'll play it laggy.