Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Pad problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Veovan

Hi, I just recently downloaded Dolphin and when I was setting up my game, everything seemed to work fine. I started setting up my pad (I'm using a Nyko Airflo), and Dolphin successfully detected it and I set up all my buttons and inputs and all that jazz. However, when I went into the game to play, none of my buttons worked at all. I looked around the settings to see if there were any problems (like my controller not being set to "plugged in") but everything seemed to check out fine. It was like everything was perfect, it just didn't work for some reason.

If it helps at all, the game I'm trying to run is Super Smash Bros. Melee

I tried again using my keyboard and everything worked fine, but you go and try playing SSBM with a keyboard >>

Also, another thing to note, I tried downloading some GCPad plugins to see if other plugins worked, but Dolphin wouldn't detect them, and now when I try to start the game I get the error "couldn't find file" and the game crashes upon clicking "OK".
Which Dolphin version?
Which Pad Plugin (if older Dolphin version)?

Veovan

(09-13-2010, 10:20 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Which Dolphin version?
Which Pad Plugin (if older Dolphin version)?
Dolphin 2.0, and Dolphin GCPad New. I tried the other plugin that comes with Dolphin 2.0 but it doesn't seem to read my pad correctly.
Try re-selecting your device from the device list in the GCPadNew config after having started your game.
There is a bug with device names with trailing spaces in Dolphin 2.0.

Veovan

(09-13-2010, 11:07 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Try re-selecting your device from the device list in the GCPadNew config after having started your game.
There is a bug with device names with trailing spaces in Dolphin 2.0.
That worked.

Thank's a ton!