Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin project for Ps3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cakissimo

Hello

Now we can run homebrew on PS3:
Is there a current project to built version dolphin for PS3 ?
The PS3 is powerful enough ?
Is this possible in the future?

Sorry it's a google translate text...
Thank you
This was already discussed a little while ago over in this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11893-page-3.html

But the answer to your three questions is order are:

Quote:Is there a current project to built version dolphin for PS3 ?
No

Quote:The PS3 is powerful enough ?
Impossible to say

Quote:Is this possible in the future?
Everything is possible. The question is not whether it is possible but rather if the amount of development work needed is worth it for the benefit. And the answer to that is a no. The chances of this ever happening are so slim that I garauntee that it won't. To much work for to little benefit.

cakissimo

Ok, sorry
Thank you Smile

Nothing to be sorry for, all you did was ask a question.
other emulators for older systems will definitely be ported to the ps3 though. in a few more console generations everything will be able to emulate gc/wii with ease.
Still, dolphin is ahead of the game-it is the only 7th gen console emulator, and the ps2 and xbox emus are not as complete as our GC one.
Yes but the hardware being emulated is still from 6th generation even if the wii was released in 2006. But yes I agree it is amazing how far we have progressed already.

Xizer

The PC version of Dolphin still needs a lot of work to be perfect and a PS3 version would be a massive waste of resources so I don't see it happening.