Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rate my system (how do you think Dolphin will run on it?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xmanfit0

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors
• 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Copied and pasted from my laptop specs. Will this run Brawl smoothly? I know there are lots of videos around with people putting up their system specs, but I hardly know if their specs are better or worse than mine.

I have already read the Dolphin Computer Buying Guide and the Getting Started With Dolphin guide, I just want your opinions.
And also, which revision would you recommend for playing Brawl?
yeah is good enough to play some games in full speed
It should do quite well.
I have the same graphics card, I suggest you download AMD GPU Clock Tool for it (google the correct version for it) and you can probably overclock to at least 650 and 900. You'll see an improvement if you're planning on playing in Hi-Res.

I have an i5 520m, which is slightly less than your processor (slightly less/slower cache) and I can play most things just fine.

You're on a laptop I believe so I also suggest you download "core temp" to monitor your temperatures. Dolphin can push my laptop into the late 60's.
Oh and as for Revisions I usually just go with the latest from Lectrode. Make sure to download the 64bit with SSSE4.2.