Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I found a great GC Controller Adapter!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

pentad

Hello all,

I wanted to report on a GameCube Controller Adapter that I found that works great. I ordered it from here:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_...p?category=

I could not be more happy with it! I would highly recommend it for any Dolphin user that wants to use a GC controller.

The only feature that does not work is the rumble feature but I don't really care. Everything else is perfect!

Game that I have been playing: Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda WW

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers!
P

PS - Thank you for such an awesome emulator!!! :-)
I'm sure there are other adapters which work just as well and DO support rumble.

pentad

(09-07-2010, 01:28 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure there are other adapters which work just as well and DO support rumble.

Thanks for the informative reply... Rolleyes

May I offer some constructive criticism?

I posted a message with the sincere attempt to relay my experience with this adapter. No smugness, not arrogant, just some helpful information.

You post a reply that is both rude and just an opinion. DO you know of any adapters that support rumble? HAVE you done any research to support your claim?

For your information, I have done a great deal of research on adapters and even posted here looking for suggestions. The few replies I received were people looking for information like myself. Funny, I didn't see any helpful information from you.

Perhaps, you think by having a silly title like "Super Moderator" entitles you to belittle other people's posts or allows you to post opinion as fact?

Maybe you don't care how your inflammatory posts reflect on you or the community. As a "Super Moderator" I thought it would have been your concern to encourage the exchange of information.

In the real world, I teach Computer Science at a University. I am very good with code and I was going to post some changes I've done with my source tree. I even had some ideas about the rumble feature. However, if this is how moderator treat users, I don't need it...

lol, I wasn't trying to be rude.
I just didn't like you suggesting a 26 dollar adapter to people which didn't support rumble.
It would make more sense to just buy a cheaper PC controller which did support rumble.
26 dollars is a lot to pay for an adapter.

From 5 minutes of research right now, and from what I have heard from other people, the "Super Joy Box 13" is good.
They are difficult to find though.
The only issue I have heard of (can be fixed with a patch apparently) is an inverted Y-Axis,
which isn't a problem with Dolphin's input configuration. (axes can be mapped either direction)

Googling, I found this site which appears to have the adapters in stock (for $14),
but I have no clue how good this website is.
http://www.babar-tech.com/productdetails...ductID=846
Thanks for the headsup. I need to buy 4 GC controller adapters for my new entertainment setup.

Has anyone else used these? Would like to get some additional feedback on them before I order.

And to pentad - how long did it take them to ship to you ?
(09-14-2010, 09:13 AM)zoomer Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the headsup. I need to buy 4 GC controller adapters for my new entertainment setup.

Has anyone else used these? Would like to get some additional feedback on them before I order.

And to pentad - how long did it take them to ship to you ?

The adapter from raphnet is a very good one. There are no drivers needed by most operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux), they already have them. The only thing is the price. It takes the guy FOREVER to ship it to you. It took him 7 days for him just to ship it out, then probably another 4 or 5 to get it to me.
Just got mine today! Yeah you do have to be patient with the order, but I can understand; this is a hobby thing for Raph and he may have a full time job or girlfriend, etc lol.

I got 4x GC + N64 adapters. Have yet to test them out, but I was immediately impressed with the build quality. They feel and look really good. And everything was packaged nicely.

If I remember to do it, I will definitely report again after testing them out. My objective was to play Smash Bros Brawl on Dolphin with 4x real GC controllers (and of course 3 buddies).
I own one of those GC to PC Super Joy Box 13 and rumble works great in windows 7 64bit and its a good responsive adaptor I wouldnt even look any more it great!

thempc

With those Super Joybox 13 adapter, does dolphin automaticly see them or do you need to install seperate drivers?
(10-01-2010, 12:57 AM)thempc Wrote: [ -> ]With those Super Joybox 13 adapter, does dolphin automaticly see them or do you need to install seperate drivers?

Drivers here: http://www.mayflash.com/download.htm
Pages: 1 2