Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Toggle arrow pointer ON/OFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title self-explanatory.

It's kinda annoying to play some games when you don't want to see the arrow, like Tales of Symphonia Tongue

We have already "HIDE" in the newest plugin, but keeping the button held is kinda annoying.

Since "HIDE" is already implemented, may be easy to set this one.

Thanks!
It would be usefull for some users yeah Smile, I would make a vote system and vote yes Big Grin :p.

CharlieSteal

Nearly two years later and no toggle (or am I wrong?). Was about to make a thread to request this but found this one. Hoping we could get this feature. I think it would be quite handy. So, bumb?
If you don't want to see the pointer, you can set the "hide" button in the Wiimote config window.

This isn't a toggle though; it is a holding kinda thing. What I told another user to do was this:

If you only want to see the pointer when you are moving it, do the following:

1) If the pointer is set to your mouse, set the value of Hide (under IR section) to NOT MouseX+ AND NOT MouseX- AND NOT MouseY+ AND NOT MouseY-
- please note that it might not be called MouseX+, but something else. Don't choose CursorX+ though, because that will show the pointer unless it is in the center of the screen; this will show the pointer if you are moving it.

2) If the pointer is set to some sort of analog stick, set Hide to NOT analogX+ AND NOT analogX- AND NOT analogY+ AND NOT analogY-
- please not that analogX+ is also a guess and the name depends on the controller used.

Either of these two options will hide the pointer unless you are moving it.

CharlieSteal

(09-22-2012, 11:45 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want to see the pointer, you can set the "hide" button in the Wiimote config window.

This isn't a toggle though; it is a holding kinda thing. What I told another user to do was this:

If you only want to see the pointer when you are moving it, do the following:

1) If the pointer is set to your mouse, set the value of Hide (under IR section) to NOT MouseX+ AND NOT MouseX- AND NOT MouseY+ AND NOT MouseY-
- please note that it might not be called MouseX+, but something else. Don't choose CursorX+ though, because that will show the pointer unless it is in the center of the screen; this will show the pointer if you are moving it.

2) If the pointer is set to some sort of analog stick, set Hide to NOT analogX+ AND NOT analogX- AND NOT analogY+ AND NOT analogY-
- please not that analogX+ is also a guess and the name depends on the controller used.

Either of these two options will hide the pointer unless you are moving it.

This is very helpful, thank you! I wasn't exactly sure, what the NOT or ADD commands meant in the controls, but NOT is certainly more useful than I thought. A formal toggle option would be nice, but this is definitely a viable solution.