Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer Specs Helps :3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well im wondering if desktop quad core 2.3 and up, with 8 gigas of ram ddr2 working like 500 mhz and up will make a decent gameplay, no video card just an nvidia integrated one buying later one, but so far only a quad core 2.3 and up with 8 gigas of ram,

will it handle twilight princess, brawl? how about some games lol
dolphin only uses 2 cores... no advantage of 4 cores.... the clock speed of your cores is to low....
at least 3,2 ghz per core to get decent fps on most games...

who in the world needs 8gb of ram?
and with onboard graphics there is no chance to play a game....
(09-05-2010, 10:02 PM)sNk Wrote: [ -> ]who in the world needs 8gb of ram?

*points to sig*

Some people do things other than gaming. Tongue
The majority of people struggle to use 4gigs, let alone 8gig. That is unless you do any sort of video editing/compression.
(09-05-2010, 11:07 PM)jumb Wrote: [ -> ]The majority of people struggle to use 4gigs, let alone 8gig. That is unless you do any sort of video editing/compression.

He asked who in the world. Some people do use it. :P
maybe true, maybe not.... i've never seen anyone that fully used 8 gb of ram ^^

does someone know which applications use more than 4 gb of ram?
A workstation needs at least 8GB, actually 8GB would be considered very low for a worksattion. Any kind of professional 3d rendering or servers as well.
(09-06-2010, 04:23 AM)sNk Wrote: [ -> ]maybe true, maybe not.... i've never seen anyone that fully used 8 gb of ram ^^

does someone know which applications use more than 4 gb of ram?

Running a mmorpg server like uses alot of ram, and having just 8 of ram its kinda slow for that kind of server, so yeah, mm so basically u are telling me that a dual core with 4 gigas of ram and 3.2 ghz of processor with a pci-e graphic card will do the work? o.o

to run dolphin smooth on most games:

- vga 9800 gt (ATI 5750) or better vga
- processor core 2 duo e7400 OC to 3.2 or better (cant help on AMD equivalent on this one since i dont have any AMD chip since Athlom chips for testing)
i'd say phenom ii 955 at 3.5 for amd but thats just from what i've heard on the forums.