Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emu 6.100EX - English?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

PlatinumHex

Well, guys. I am new to this forum.
Apparently, a guy in China called "I make fagot fake emulators", made
his own modified version of Dolphin Emu.

His version works great for a lot games too, the site even has already tons of Wii Games available for download. It has already perfected the popular RPG game, "Monster Hunter Tri".

Now, my problem is, my computer doesn't support Chinese fonts used in programs, it is a pain to figure out what each option does.

Can someone translate it?

well, we don't support modified builds unless the source is posted, and there's a lot of pirated material. Sorry, can't help.
First of all it's a hacked build, just composed of lame resource hacks and unsupported on this forum considering there is no patch or source code that lists the changes.

It doesn't fix anything, anyone who believes that these fake hacked builds fix anything is a fool and deserves to get infected with a trojan. Your best bet is to download a build available on this forum in the SVN builds section that are known to be clean, tested by several users with an abundance of feedback.

It infringes on the GPL license that Dolphin is licensed under, doesn't include the source code and any changes are questionable. It's just lame resource hacks to change the interface language which is laughable considering Dolphin is open source. Don't believe the fabricated change logs that claim to fix anything, it doesn't fix shit but it might log you're credit card and bank information.

Did I mention it infringes on the GPL and doesn't include the source code of these alleged changes or fixes?

Downloading games is a no-no, I would have omitted that bit from my post if I were you, that also makes these "fake" builds more questionable in nature as if they weren't already.
(09-04-2010, 03:55 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't fix anything, anyone who believes that these fake hacked builds fix anything is a fool

Unless the host is very knowledgeable in coding or hired some hackers/programmers to iron out bugs and flaws. Anything is possible.
There are some insanely skilled chinese programmers that practically live to code.

From what it looks like after translation though, he just took normal revisions and branded them as something else.
Look up Click2U PS2 emulator, there is even threads among other things dedicated to spotting emu-fakers.

- These don't fix anything.

- They violate the GPL.

- They are lame resource hacks, usually interface language changes with fabricated change logs claiming to fix things that weren't really fixed, fixing issues that don't exist, or already fixed by the actual developers to lend more credibility to the emufaker. If they really fixed anything they would confront the developers and commit their fixes to the repository, but they didn't and thus they remain secluded elsewhere waiting for someone gullible enough to believe them. Them hosting roms and other copyrighted materials should have been a dead giveaway to steer clear of these builds.

- These builds aren't supported here or anywhere that respects the GPL and other licenses for that matter.

http://forums.ngemu.com/emulation-news-s...-real.html

http://forums.ngemu.com/emulation-news-s...7-1-a.html

There's a whole thread at Ngemu dedicated to these fake emulation projects, spotting fake emulation projects and those are only a couple of the known fakes. Others include the Dolphin Extremum builds, Click2u PS2 emulator that is just a lame rip of PCSX2 etc...
This is one of the drawbacks of having the source code open to the public. People love to mess with other peoples work and do whatever they feel like doing with it and even take credit for the work.

It's hard to get the people who are resposible since they do not care or are in other countries where it does not apply.
This was happening long before the code was open source, by resource hacking the executable code. What is amusing is that they are still using these lame resource hacks despite the code being open sourced when they could easily change the language by modifying the code and recompiling.
I'm starting to think the OP is looking for someone to translate it for free so he can sell it as a Wii Emulator. People try to sell stuff all the time so, that's my theory.
I'm closing this as there is nothing more to say on the subject.
6100EX....its a hacked emulator by a bad man called "蓝色宇宙".I know it。
The man had been infamous in china from 10years ago.
he pirates all kinds program and tells everyone that the author is himself.
what a shame...
Hacked dolphin shouldn't appear in this place!
Pages: 1 2