Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need some help I Know you guys know your stuff............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm trying to run a game. But still even if i wasn't running anything still need your help.

I have a NVIDIA 8600 GT That came preclocked. The thing is i was reading and to me the GPU Temp gets high Here's Screenshot of not running anything.[attachment=4254]

Ok now when i play a game it goes to 71 GPU temp. I i'm trying to use Ntune to set fan speed to 100. I set it up and put the gpu temp to 70 but when it hits 70 when i'm in a game the fan speed drops back to 30 so how do i keep it from not droping back so my gpu temp doesn't go to high. Also i'm not very good at this yet so what should i set it to the GPU Temp so it doesn't over heat
There is something wrong with your OS,you should revert it back to normal
Or try update Nvidia lastest driver
My 9800Gt temp : 54c(temp outside is at 35-39c),61c when running dolphin
You should not need to increase your fanspeed to get acceptable temps, either buy a vga cooler off of newegg.com or try cleaning out the fan. If you insist on raising the fanspeed to solve it then I suggest you use rivatuner instead of ntune. I highly doubt their is anything wrong with the os or drivers.
GPU temperatures are safe up to and far beyond 90c.
71c GPU temp is perfectly acceptable running load.

GPUs are built differently than CPUs, so you can't compare them as far as TJMAX.
I would say an estimated "safe" temperature is around 85c with that GPU.

Unfortunately, in my personal opinion, anything above 60c is too high.
Then again I push my hardware to the absolute limit, so things may be different for you.

71c is acceptable, and well wthin limits.
I must agree with ketchup.. With air cooling it's normal to have 65-75c temps under load on GPU :\
Actually, that's pretty 'cool' for a card and wont damage it in the long run.

Maybe if your temps hit a constant 90-105c there would be an issue.
8600GT idling at 66C...? there must be something wrong with your cooling/airflow, what's your cpu and ambient temp? Also try downclocking your GPU to normal reference clock.
@naoan

Did you even bother reading or do you just blurt shit out hoping you'll be right? 66~71c is well within acceptable limits.
Actually 66c is pretty high on idle within spec or not. A 60c ilde cpu is within spec but would you leave it like that? Rivatuner let's you have more control of your fan if you want to try but is not user friendly. More low level.
Quote:GPU temperatures are safe up to and far beyond 90c.

.....For some modern gpus yes but not an 8600GT. Any GPU in the 8 series will fail after a few months at the most of running above 90C. Temps of a high end card in the 8/9 series at full load are supposed to be 70-80C. Anything above 100C would kill it either instantly or almost instantly. My 8800GT fried itself at 95C. GPUs weren't always as tolerant of high temps as they are now. I remember back when cpus had a higher thermal threshold than gpus. Back when anything above 70C meant instant death.

Quote:71c GPU temp is perfectly acceptable running load.

This I do agree with.
Clean the fan m8 Wink. I had the same problems with my old ATI 3850, the temps reached 115 and my computer shutted down, after I cleaned the card it was at a acceptable temp of 75 on load. (I can show a picture of the dust I removed :p, you won't believe your eyes xD).