Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Analog Stick too Sensitive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Naesio

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with the analog stick feeling too sensitive in some games (notably LoZ: Twilight Princess). I'm using a ps3 controller with the motioninjoy drivers and the GCPad New Plug-in for Dolphin.

In Twilight Princess (Gamecube Version), it's almost impossible to walk or aim the slingshot or bow. Even when i barely move the stick it makes the character (or aimer) bypass the slowest movement speed and go straight to run/fast-scroll. I set the deadzone to ~18 and that helped ever so slightly.

Anyway, my question is: Is there a way to decrease the sensitivity of the analog sticks or use a modifier key or something to lock them into the slowest speed? A modifier key would be ideal so i can switch between precision and speed on the fly.

Thanks a bunch!
Click the "+" buttons of Stick Up/Down/Left/Right, and reduce the range.
In newer dolphin versions, you right click the detect buttons instead of clicking the "+" buttons.

Naesio

That worked beautifully. Can't believe i didn't figure that out. I was messing with the range under modifier combined with another key Tongue

Thanks Big Grin

Edit: After a bunch of trial and error, I found that a range of 61 uses the entire physical range of the stick. Since this game only has three speeds, walk is between 1-33% tilt, jog is 33-66%, and run is 66-100%. This is on a ps3 controller. Hopefully someone will find this info useful in the future! Cool