Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I out of luck? (specs thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
no....I'm saying it will kill the cpu.

Ignorance is bliss? Wink
(09-04-2010, 02:06 PM)CrysisGamer Wrote: [ -> ]for this computer, don't even think about overclock. and never do that. it just fucking your computer.

You can only seriously fuck up your computer if you don't have a bats hell of a clue in what you're doing. Otherwise, if you do know what you're doing overclocking your parts really high is fine.

qx6700 2.66ghz ----> 3.8ghz
i7 Xeon x3440 2.53 -------> 4.4ghz w/ht
8800 gts 512 stock clocks -----> (can't remember but shaders, core clock, and memory all went up 100mhz)
5870 stock clocks --------> +100 mhz on core and memory
4 gigs of ddr3 1600 mhz 9-9-9-24 ----> 1760 7-7-7-24

I don't advice a new overclocker to go to extreme levels quickly with limited resources (i've never used water), but once they learned the ropes then they should go for some real nice numbers.

There is a common misconception that overclocking will kill your components. Frankly, anything can kill your computer components if you do something EXTREMELY stupid, even then, all PC parts nowadays have failsafes. There is no evidence that points to overclocking destroying computer components when done properly. Hell, i've been overclocking and volt modding for the last 8 years and NEVER had a computer part fail on me.
Pages: 1 2