Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Great PC,Low FPS!! why??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

asas

ok here .
XP pro 32bit with SP3
Q6600 @2.4-------its a quad not a dual core
ATI4850 512MB --my driver is like 4 month old
4 GB of RAM
motherboard intel ECG3510M
I tried 2 games (metroid 1 and 2) ,I get like 6 to 12 FPS with out tweaking anything ,I get like 40% load on my 4850 .and the CPU like 10%,I can run Crysis on high Setting but I cant run this,is there anything I can do to fix this,I have Gamegube but I want to play at higher RES
Well have you checked the compatibility list to make sure these games are compatible enough to play the game? that and you can also disable "Enable Audio Throttling" in the sound options, oh and one last thing to do if you haven't already, is enable dual core.
I doubt you'll get much of a perfomance boost with Metroid. Dolphin is treating your quad as a dual core 2.4 which isn't fast enough to run it at full speed. I have a 2.2 dual core and average 14 fps with Metroid Prime.

asas

(05-08-2009, 07:42 AM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]Well have you checked the compatibility list to make sure these games are compatible enough to play the game? that and you can also disable "Enable Audio Throttling" in the sound options, oh and one last thing to do if you haven't already, is enable dual core.

Yes I did everything you said,but with no luck

(05-08-2009, 07:48 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt you'll get much of a perfomance boost with Metroid. Dolphin is treating your quad as a dual core 2.4 which isn't fast enough to run it at full speed. I have a 2.2 dual core and average 14 fps with Metroid Prime.

yeah but what is important is the graphics card ,right? or Dolphin relay more on the CPU ?

what about other games do they run faster?
Dolphin relies much more heavily on a fast CPU. You can actually run a lot of games at decent/full speed.

asas

ok you average at 14 fps with Metroid Prime ,what about the other games do you have the same problem ?

any help from other users would be Appreciated

cmccmc

you can run others faster it's just that metroid is very demanding