Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ikaruga running a bit slow on 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

metsfan922

Hey all, first time posting here. I've been following the Dolphin project for years, just want to give a big congrats and thank you to the devs for sticking with this project for so many years.

If possible, I would just like to get some advice on how to possibly improve performance of Ikaruga. At certain times it runs on full speed, but when there are a lot of enemies/bullets on the screen, I get some slowdown, sometimes going below 50% speed.

My computer specs are as follows:

Core 2 Quad 2.66 ghz
4gb RAM
GeForce 9800 GTX 512 MB vid card

I guess my main question is, am I experiencing slow down because my computer is not powerful enough, or are there some settings im missing? I am using the default Dolphin settings ( I didn't want to touch anything in case I enable the wrong thing or whatever). Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you!
Read my overclocking tutorial. You should have read it before posting this. Unfortunately most people don't read. I know this from work, we put a sign on the door that says "use other door" and people run into it all the time.

Read my overclocking tutorial and overclock your CPU. This will improve performance in Dolphin guaranteed.
Editing Dolphin settings isn't going to help much, but overclocking will

You can get around 3.6ghz out of that chip on Air cooling.

metsfan922

(09-03-2010, 02:05 PM)Ketchup Wrote: [ -> ]Read my overclocking tutorial. You should have read it before posting this. Unfortunately most people don't read. I know this from work, we put a sign on the door that says "use other door" and people run into it all the time.

Read my overclocking tutorial and overclock your CPU. This will improve performance in Dolphin guaranteed.
Editing Dolphin settings isn't going to help much, but overclocking will

You can get around 3.6ghz out of that chip on Air cooling.

I did read your tutorial actually =) Unfortunately I don't think I have adequate cooling to reach that level. Perhaps I will buy a few more case fans, but as of right now I am already running at around 55-60C while gaming, so overclocking will probably be a bad idea. However, if like you say, the problem is my computers performance, then perhaps I will invest in a better cooling system and try overclocking.

Thank you.

flojito

I also get slowdown in Dolphin 2.0. I can't remember which one I had, but Ikaruga worked perfectly on an older version for me (from about 6-8 months ago?). Maybe you could try downloading an older version and seeing if it works better.