Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote & Nunchuck questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so I am very new with these controllers but they look awesome. I have tried them with some car game and some random adventure game I don't remember in a store. Anyway, now the question is to get them connected (no cordless, I hate that)?

I bought a Wii Classic Controller to PC Adapter a few months ago along with the CC and it has been working splendid but I'm not sure if that would work with the the new controllers so I wonder if anyone could help me.
"no cordless" ?
The wiimote can only be used with bluetooth.
There is no way to use it wired.
Damnit, I have to use bluetooth? Is it good enough or is it like a beta version that works if you put enough hours into it? :/
(09-04-2010, 12:38 AM)Nirth Wrote: [ -> ]Damnit, I have to use bluetooth? Is it good enough or is it like a beta version that works if you put enough hours into it? :/

Wiimote uses bluetooth radio to communicate with a pc, wii or other recipient.
There isn't even any kind of wire in existence that allows 'plugging' it into anything.
The only plug is in the bottom of wiimote for a motionplus or a nunchuck.

The PC bluetooth stacks work great for usage with dolphin, almost indistinguishable from a real wii connection.

All you need is a $2-$8 bluetooth dongle for usb.
Thanks, I won one for like 2$ in an auction, should be good enough. I just hope the strength is good enough to not be problem, I haven't had the best experience with wireless connections (the worst being internet).