Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Are you a newb? READ HERE FIRST - FAQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: This FAQ is outdated, read this one instead.

Q. Help, I'm having a problem with running a game in the emulator or emulator itself, where is the appropriate place to post?

A. The appropriate place to post would be in the Support section, where you can post any problems you are experiencing with the emulator and receive assistance.

Q. I want to suggest a new feature, discuss existing features, discuss the state of the emulator, or just want to discuss the emulator in general, where can I post.

A. For any general discussions regarding the emulator, such as inquiring about existing features or suggesting new features, the General Discussion section is the appropriate place to post. Please note that the General Discussion section is also not a place to receive support with the emulator, post any support inquiries in the support section as mentioned above.

Q. I would like to discuss game compatibility, discuss the emulation state of games on Dolphin, inquire about or discuss specific issues games have being emulated on Dolphin, where would I post?

A. Most Gamecube/Wii games have a dedicated thread in the Game Discussion section, find the appropriate thread for the game you would like to discuss and post inside the thread. Please note that this section is more for discussing the emulation state of these games on Dolphin and isn't for support, despite the threads currently being misused for support.

Q. I have an issue with one of the pre-compiled builds I downloaded, I would like to know where to download new builds, I would like to thank those providing pre-compiled builds, I would like to provide builds, or discuss svn builds in general, where can I post?

A. The appropriate section to post would be the SVN Discussion section, it is very likely the source you downloaded your build from has a dedicated thread in this section. If you would like to thank the member providing pre-compiled builds or report a problem with their builds, please find and post in the appropriate thread within this section. This section is also to discuss the nature and status of current svn builds, it is not to be used for support other than to report any bugs or issues with specific svn builds, or any bugs/issues that arise due to issues/errors with the compilation process.

Please only post issues with the site itself or post any suggestions for the site, that is unrelated to the emulator within the Site Feedback section. This section is not meant to discuss the emulator or receive support with the emulator, nor is it meant to suggest new features for the emulator. If you have a question or suggestion related to the emulator and would like to discuss the emulator, post in the appropriate section as outlined in the FAQ above.

For all general discussions not directly related to the emulator, you can post in the dedicated Open Discussion section labeled "Delfino Plaza".

Thanks for this goes to Xtreme2damax