Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin on ubuntu 9.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bicienzo13

in what way i can install dolphin ...
i have downloaded the file ...but after what i must do ...i 'm going crazy...i try to open the file named dolphin but nothing..i try to ./configure , make .make install but nothing is happende ..help
Run Dolphin in a command line and check the output. I'm betting on two things: either (a) you don't have Direct Rendering enabled on your card, or (b)(more likely) you don't have the shared libraries that Dolphin needs to link to.

In any case, you need to run it in a terminal to see the output, as running it straight from Nautilus will show... well, nothing. If you can paste the output from Dolphin here, we can help you much more.

bicienzo13

/home/enzo/Scrivania/dolphin/Binary/Linux-i686/Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/enzo/Scrivania/dolphin/Binary/Linux-i686/Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dolphin(5107) KFileMetaInfoPrivate::init: KUrl("file:///home/enzo/Scrivania/dolphin/Binary/Linux-i686/Dolphin")
dolphin(5107) KFileMetaInfoPrivate::init: KUrl("file:///home/enzo/Scrivania/dolphin/Binary/Linux-i686/Dolphin")

whati i must do
help me
Looks like Dolphin isn't seeing your bluetooth shared libraries. Most likely, this is because you have a newer version of them installed, or you may just not have them if your PC doesn't have a bluetooth dongle built in. Mine does, so I don't know if it's different without one.

In any case, Dolphin *should* only be using the bluetooth drivers for the wiimote plugin. If you've got a GC game to test out, try taking the wiimote plugin out of the plugins directory and see if you can get it to start up that way. Of course this breaks Wii game emulation, but if it works then it's a start.

In either case, in order to get the bluetooth shared library you need, you're going to have to find a package to install that provides it. Or, if you have libbluetooth.so.3 installed (I think this comes with Ubuntu 9.04) just copy it and rename it to libbluetooth.so.2, and that might solve it.

Does anyone have a bit more experience with this? I'm not sure if I've exhausted all the possibilities here, I'm OK with linux but I'm hardly advanced.
Why dont you install it from SVN ?

In the google code page of Dolphin there is this Wiki :

First :

sudo apt-get install subversion scons g++ wx2.8-headers libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dbg libwxbase2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dbg libwxgtk2.8-dev libsdl1.2-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libxxf86vm1-dbg libxxf86vm-dev libxext6-dbg libxext-dev libglew1.5-dev libcairo2-dbg libcairo2-dev libao2 libao-dev libbluetooth-dev

Second :

svn checkout http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only

Third & Last :

cd dolphin-emu-read-only && scons

Thats all, after doing that you may have a full working Dolphin Linux Build, make sure you got, multiverse repos, and all the repos that arent being added by default .

PD : Or just do the apt-get install, see that there is a libbluetooth dep. and try with the source that you downloaded .
don copy the lib just do simbolic link ln -s /waytothelib/lib.so.3 lib.so.2

anyway, chances are this wont work, coz there may be deprecated functions...

also i don recomend updating ubuntu to new distros till u are sure u need it, many old things will break on ubuntu updates, coz ubuntu is a bitch to let u use old libs.