Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Configuration Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I am new here, but here me out. I have read through numerous threads on multiple forums about people having similar problems as me, and all the solutions listed did not seem to work for me.

My problem is that after updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to the 2010 version, NET Framework to the 4.0 version, and DirectX 11 to the June 2010 runtime release, I still cannot get Dolphin to configure that silly GCPad.dll.

It gives me an error message, and then Windows shuts Dolphin down.

[Image: dolphintrouble1.png]

BTW, I am using a recent build... R5186 x64. I used the original 2.0 release of Dolphin, but it gave me similar errors. Undecided

I've done all the updates mentioned elsewhere. My computer is a very good one. Any ideas as to what the problem is? Help would be greatly appreciated, as I've done everything I can think of.

The GFX plugins and DSP plugins seem to be fine.
Try installing VC++ 2010 or 2008 both 32bit and 64bit(i don't know,i have windows 7 x64 Pro 7600 and never have this problem)
Lastest build are 61xx ,get it here http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
(09-01-2010, 09:37 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try installing VC++ 2010 or 2008 both 32bit and 64bit(i don't know,i have windows 7 x64 Pro 7600 and never have this problem)
Lastest build are 61xx ,get it here http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Alright, thanks, but while I only didn't have 2010 32-bit version, when I try to run the latest build, I get errors. One of them was because I didn't have XINPUT1_3.dll, so I went and downloaded that, then put it in the Dolphin folder. Now when I try to run Dolphin R6156, it gives me a simple error message, then says it will close.

[Image: dolphintrouble2.png]

Sad

This is kinda frustrating.

misaelk

I had similar problems, until I ran the DirectX updater, as instructed by the Getting Started Guide.

In case that doesn't work, I have uploaded the xinput files installed in my PC.

http://filevo.com/utwk1cuz1slv.html
(09-02-2010, 12:19 AM)misaelk Wrote: [ -> ]I had similar problems, until I ran the DirectX updater, as instructed by the Getting Started Guide.

In case that doesn't work, I have uploaded the xinput files installed in my PC.

http://filevo.com/utwk1cuz1slv.html

Like I've said, I updated DirectX as much as I can... just installed the new June 2010 DirectX update yesterday. Plus, the link you gave says its for updating DirectX 9.0c and previous versions. I have DirectX 11, and whenever I try to download that web installer thing for updates, it gives me error messages. I'm guessing that's because I'm strictly running a DirectX 11 system. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm up to date. I have the June 7th release that will actually install on my laptop.

EDIT: Yeah, the link you had isn't for my OS... I already downloaded the latest update for Windows 7.

Secondly, I appreciate you uploading those XInput files. They were different in size from the one I already had, so I'm guessing you had the correct versions. However, Dolphin STILL gives me the same message as my previous post. I put all the XInputs into the Dolphin folder.

So here's what's been done:
- Updated DirectX as much as my laptop will take.
- Have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) installed/updated.
- Have .NET Framework 4 installed.
- My graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3200) seems to have its most recent driver, as I can't find any updates.
- The Dolphin R6156 Build folder has the following files and folders:

[Image: dolphintrouble3.png]

It continues to give me that stupid 0x000007b error message.
Like misaelk said, you need to run that DirectX 9 web installer. (link also in my sig)
It doesn't matter if you have DirectX 10, 11, w.e. You need to run that update.

"and whenever I try to download that web installer thing for updates, it gives me error messages"
What are the error messages?

Also, FYI, .NET should not be needed.
(09-02-2010, 03:21 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Like misaelk said, you need to run that DirectX 9 web installer. (link also in my sig)http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/newreply.p...pid=110929
It doesn't matter if you have DirectX 10, 11, w.e. You need to run that update.

"and whenever I try to download that web installer thing for updates, it gives me error messages"
What are the error messages?

Also, FYI, .NET should not be needed.

Every time I try to use that web installer thingy, THIS is the error message that pops up:

[Image: dolphintrouble4.png]

It sounds like my system doesn't like it. The other June 2010 (DirectX Redist) update ran just fine for me, though. Interestingly, now that I look a bit closer, your 9.0c update link DOES say Windows 7 should be able to install this update. Hmmm... Any ideas?

Anyways, I went around downloading other builds of Dolphin, and while the GamePad plugins have always given me problems before, I actually got Build R5186 (x64) to configure GCPadNew (which I just downloaded... I didn't really know about it much before, I guess), but it crashes when I attempt to configure GFX plugins.

I downloaded Build R6152 (x86 / 32-bit), and it appears to have the GCPad input stuff built into it (thank heavens). My computer was happy, and I can even configure DX9 and DX11 GFX now.

HOWEVER, what I found out is that the 64-bit version of this Build failed for me... with that EXACT SAME 0x000007b error!!! Dolphin.exe won't even open.

Why would 64-bit builds not be working for me? I would love to take advantage of my system's capabilities, but something's not right...

Once again, help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, after about the fifth try, the DirectX 9.0c update finally installed. Now we'll soon see what happens...

Have you been manually copying dlls into your system32 directory and such? (you should NOT)
That could cause x64 to fail while x86 works.
(09-02-2010, 06:36 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you been manually copying dlls into your system32 directory and such? (you should NOT)
That could cause x64 to fail while x86 works.

No, I wasn't, actually. I try not to mess with my system like that. Tongue

Well, that DirectX web installer did the trick. I got the latest build to work (the 64-bit version!). Thank you for all you guys' help... all three of you. Smile

I can't believe it took 2 different DirectX updates, several Microsoft C++ updates, and hours of configuring to get this all sorted out! You all have my gratitude!
D:
i've got the same error (0x000007b)
with recents Dolphin Builds (r7xxx) (x64 builds)

Help!?
i've got all the things updated (Dx, Framework 4, etc.)

P.D.: Sorry by my english XD
Pages: 1 2