Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Display Driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dio773

K I've been having this problem over and over again and it's begining to make me angry. When I try to run any game on my computer, the game will start up normal. However shortly after the game loads, my computer screen go black and comes back on, and I get a report saying that my display driver stopped working and has recovered. However after that, the game blacks out and I have to close the program and start it back up. So the program is pretty much not working. From what I can tell, it shouldn't be that my graphics card won't support it, because I'm running on a ATI HD3650. So I really don't know what is happening with it.
Is this just happening with dolphin or with other programs also? And also is your graphics cards driver updated to the latest stable version (don't bother with unstable/beta version, just a waste of time when it comes to graphics card drivers)? Oh and one last thing other than GPU what are your specs?

Dio773

(03-27-2009, 12:42 PM)Glurion Wrote: [ -> ]Is this just happening with dolphin or with other programs also? And also is your graphics cards driver updated to the latest stable version (don't bother with unstable/beta version, just a waste of time when it comes to graphics card drivers)? Oh and one last thing other than GPU what are your specs?

Ya it`s only ever happened when Dolphin is running a game. And ya my graphics driver is updated to the latest stable update. I never get beta version of that kind of stuff.
Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit Edition
which release are you using?

Dio773

2745 at the moment. However I've tried some of the other builds including the ones designed for linux and 32-bit windows.
there're some people complained the same problem. have you trying older rev to work fine?
Or a newer revision?

Dio773

Ya I have tried the older versions, but it still gives me the same problem.

However I have discovered that it isn't the dolphin emulator causing the problem because when a friend and I decided to go on Runescape just for old time sake, my computer did the same thing. He figures that it is just a problem with the Catalyst Control Center.