Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] NHL 2K11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game seems to be broken sometime after svn r5899 (screen goes black at Controller Prompt). I believe on some revisions it may also be not working on the D3D plugin as well. The best I've got it running is on Dolphin 2.0 RC1 with Panic Handlers disabled, and using D3D 9 (everything unchecked except: efb scaled copy, disable fog, enable efb copy -> to texture) and DSP-HLE (don't enable audio throttle). Runs at 100% speed in menus and 50% speed in gameplay on my i5-750@2.67ghz w/GeForce 470 (win 7 x64 home premium).

On 2.0 RC1 (and pretty much every other revision that I've seen it working on) theres one major problem, the depth buffer seems to be broken. Parts that should be in the background are in the foreground and vice versa both in the menus and during gameplay. In the menus this causes some text to be invisible in Franchise mode.

I'd imagine if you were running this on a CPU overclocked to 4.0ghz+ it would run nearly perfect on 2.0 RC1 other than the depth issues.
(08-29-2010, 04:46 PM)bcrt2000 Wrote: [ -> ]This game seems to be broken sometime after svn r5899 (screen goes black at Controller Prompt).
No is not brocken you need only push some buttons on Wiimote.
Quote:I'd imagine if you were running this on a CPU overclocked to 4.0ghz+ it would run nearly perfect on 2.0 RC1 other than the depth issues.
No i have i5@4.0Ghz and the game has still only ~30FPS. It's a bug.
Try :
Framelimit off + Audio Throttle off and enable "Vsync"
(08-29-2010, 06:55 PM)gouvernator Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2010, 04:46 PM)bcrt2000 Wrote: [ -> ]This game seems to be broken sometime after svn r5899 (screen goes black at Controller Prompt).
No is not brocken you need only push some buttons on Wiimote.
Quote:I'd imagine if you were running this on a CPU overclocked to 4.0ghz+ it would run nearly perfect on 2.0 RC1 other than the depth issues.
No i have i5@4.0Ghz and the game has still only ~30FPS. It's a bug.

What are your settings and what revision are you using?

In terms of speed I find that I get it running at 30FPS on 2.0 RC1 but on newer revisions its as slow as 10FPS so maybe if you tried 2.0 RC1 (with frame limit/audio throttle off) you'd get better speed.

I'll try using a newer revision again but everytime the prompt for "You must use a wiimote or motion plus for this game" comes up the screen goes black and the sound stops and nothing i press advances it.

edit: just tried it with r6147, as soon as that prompt comes up the screen goes black, the music stops and it becomes unresponsive to all my button presses.
Okay, I found which update is the culprit. The last svn revision NHL 2K11 works in is r6122. In r6123, the screen goes black at the controller prompt. This is the update description of r6123:

Quote:Changed WII IPC HLE to continue execution after the game attempts to open unknown devices.
The allows Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands to be played.
Fixes issue 2684

Interestingly enough, with panic handlers enabled I do see this message in r6122 and earlier at the same point that the game freezes in r6123 and later:
Quote:Unknown device: /dev/usb/of0/57e/308

Maybe you can continue to play or maybe the game will freeze.

I haven't even looked at the code but obviously letting the WII IPC HLE to continue to run breaks NHL 2K11.

(To run the game in r6122 and earlier I'm using the default settings in Dolphin with Panic Handlers disabled and using a real wiimote)
-------------------------
So right now on r6122 with the following settings it runs at about 25 FPS for me (in pond hockey it runs at 45 FPS):

Dolphin Config:
General

Basic Settings
[X] - Enable Dual Core
[X] - Enable Idle Skipping
[ ] - Enable Cheats
Framelimit: [Off], [ ] Use FPS For Limiting

Advanced Settings
[X] Skip GC Bios
[ ] Enable OpenCL

CPU Emulator Engine - [X] JIT Recompiler

[ ] Lock threads to cores
[X] DSPLLE on thread

Display

Emulator Display Settings
Fullscreen Display Resolution: [1920x1200]

Window Size: [704] x [632]

[ ] Start Renderer in Full Screen
[ ] Hide Mouse Cursor
[ ] Render to Main Window

Interface Settings
[ ] Confirm on Stop
[ ] Use Panic Handlers

Plugins:
Graphics [Direct3D9]
DSP [Dolphin DSP-HLE]
Wiimote [Dolphin Wiimote Plugin]

DX9 Settings:
General

[ ] Vsync [ ] Widescreen Hack

Aspect Ratio [Auto]
SSAA mode [4x SSAA]

EFB scale [Auto integral] <-- EFB seems to cause the game to crash sometimes at the splash screen, try changing this setting or disabling EFB Copy if you have problems

[X] Enable CPU->EFB access

[ ] Use Safe texture Cache

Enhancements

[ ] Force bi/trilinear filtering
[X] Enable 16x anisotropic filtering
[ ] Enable hires texture loading

[X] EFB scaled copy

Settings
[X] Disable Fog
[X] Enable EFB Copy -> To Texture
(everything else on this page is unchecked)

DSP HLE Settings:
[X] Enable HLE Audio
[ ] Enable DTK Music
[ ] Enable Audio Throttle
Audio Backend [Dsound]
shuffle2 has a fix for this. It shouldn't be too much longer.

peterjames1

The game touts its one-to-one dekeing abilities and that's one area where NHL 2K11 shines. NHL 2K11 is a pretty good hockey sim. As expected, the touch controls leave a bit to be desired, but things generally work the way that they should.

Stivort

(08-30-2010, 01:46 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]shuffle2 has a fix for this. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Looking forward to the fix. Will this fix be posted in this thread? I too am having a hard time getting this game to work properly.

The patch will be committed to svn when it is ready.
r6164 has fixed the black screen issue. Geometry issues still exist as expected.
Pages: 1 2