Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to connect...stuff. And a few more questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lemeshianos

Hello everyone,
I've been trying to make Dolphin work for some time now and yesterday I got past the problem with corrupted Plugins.
I found that if I extracted the .7z file found in the first .zip file than I would get corrupted plugins. I used the 7z software and everything runned smooth.

Now I have a few questions. How do I connect a wiiremote or another remote to the laptop in order to get it to work?
Also I have a wii and the sensor bar. Is there a way to use the sensor bar on the laptop?

The games: Can I use the authentic disk games I have or will my dvd driver be unable to read them? Do I have to use isos or backups?

My main interest is to try and write a few homebrew applications for the wii. I've been trying a few examples, but I don't get the hello world message I was supposed to get...
To get Wiimote to work on PC, you need Bluetooth dongle (or you may not need it if your laptop have Bluetooth by default), BlueSoleil (software for Bluetooth). You are just connecting your Wii Remote via Bluetooth and here it is. Dolphin will automatically recognize connected Wiimote and you're playing!

About sensor bar: I didn't find any way to connect my Wii sensor bar to PC, so I bought one specially for PC Smile

About games: you won't be able to play disks straight, you need to dump your *.iso image of the disk to PC through wireless connection (use Google).

Lemeshianos

Where did you get the sensor bar for pc?
I don't plan on playing wii games on the PC anyway. What's the reason of owning a wii if you'll play on the pc Tongue
I've managed to run some examples of code on a different emulator, but not on Dolphin.
The downside is that the other emulator doesn't have a way to test the input using the keyboard. I have to run the dol or elf file on the wii in order to test input.
Well, doing emulation, it is considered to have a console you're trying to emulate
As I recall, the homebrew libraries for Wii do something with the framebuffer that Dolphin needs to have enabled? I haven't tried homebrew personally, but try ticking the options in the GL plugin, I suspect that by turning on Copy EFB to RAM the homebrew apps might show something. I could be wrong of course, I'll try some of my things out later this evening.