Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running slow on Geforce 9400m (Zotac IONitx-a-u)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Noestim

Hey there!

I've installed Win7, and installed dolphin, updated directx drivers, my graphics drivers etc..

When I run a test game (some crappy aquariam game), at first it's running at perfect frame rate, 100% (the title screen), but as soon as I enter the game, it drops to 50% and half the frame rate...this game runs flawlessly on my main PC (this is a dual booting HTPC, other partition boots XBMC).

If I set it to software rendering it's almost unusable, so I know it's using the GPU at least. Is it that the Atom 330 processor (dual core, 1.6ghz) and Geforce 9400m GPU (and 2GB ram) just aren't good enough to run the wii games, or is there maybe something I'm missing that I need to try (I've tried opengl plugin and the directx one).

A link to the board I'm using:
http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-ionitx-a-u...board.html

Thanks in advance for any help.
sorry but your not going to get the performance that you want , plus your using on board video card which is not so great
(08-29-2010, 01:55 AM)Noestim Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there!

I've installed Win7, and installed dolphin, updated directx drivers, my graphics drivers etc..

When I run a test game (some crappy aquariam game), at first it's running at perfect frame rate, 100% (the title screen), but as soon as I enter the game, it drops to 50% and half the frame rate...this game runs flawlessly on my main PC (this is a dual booting HTPC, other partition boots XBMC).

If I set it to software rendering it's almost unusable, so I know it's using the GPU at least. Is it that the Atom 330 processor (dual core, 1.6ghz) and Geforce 9400m GPU (and 2GB ram) just aren't good enough to run the wii games, or is there maybe something I'm missing that I need to try (I've tried opengl plugin and the directx one).

A link to the board I'm using:
http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-ionitx-a-u...board.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

rig hint for dolphin:
processor 3.2ghz core 2 duo OC or higher
vga 9600GT or higher
4gb ram or higher

software hint:
w7 x64 ultimate
dolphin SSS3 lectrode compiled version

Noestim

Thanks both of you.

I have it running perfectly on my PC .. I was just hoping to ALSO have it running on my Home Theater PC in my basement, but alas, it will have to stick to N64 and older, and Movies Smile

I'll stick to playing Wii upstairs.

Thanks for the input